Collet adapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I wanted an adapter to attach my ER32 collet chuck on my metal lathe. Didn't want to spend the money on LMS style, so I thought I had a great idea to make one. Talked Mike Roux into fabricating one for me. Only to find out that, PSI sells them for $17.00 :redface: However, I doubt theirs has "0" run out like Mikes does. I always like watching Mike machine parts anyway :biggrin:

For what Mike had to go through to set up the lathe to make this piece, I would have ordered the adapter from PSI, had I known about it. Thanks, for doing this Mike!

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1147.JPG
    IMG_1147.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Mike is just one of those people that you are overly happy to know and wonder where you would be if you had not of met them. Kinda like you Chuck.

Haynie

Sweet I will most likely need one of those if I can't find something that will work on my lathe. I may have to bite the bullet and order something from PSI.

Come to think of it I got a machinist working right next door to me. hmmmm May have to see what I can trade.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
If you can't get them to make you stuff, What are friends for?
Just spending time with Mike is inspiring.:wink:

Mike is just one of those people that you are overly happy to know and wonder where you would be if you had not of met them. Kinda like you Chuck.
Likewise!:biggrin:

Sweet I will most likely need one of those if I can't find something that will work on my lathe. I may have to bite the bullet and order something from PSI.

Come to think of it I got a machinist working right next door to me. hmmmm May have to see what I can trade.
One draw back is the loss of bed space, but it will work. Mine is 14" I'm not sure it would work on a bed any shorter than that.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Chuck: Looks good. BTW, thanks for making the Mike R. connection. He called me this A.M. and we had a real nice chat. It's obvious the man knows his stuff! Especially for only being 30 or 40 yrs. old!!! :eek: yeh, he told me about that too. :biggrin:

Lucky2

LOLOL "So I had a great idea to make one". I'm sorry Chuck, but I think that your great idea was more for Mike to make one for you, rather than make it yourself.
Len

bluwolf

I wanted an adapter to attach my ER32 collet chuck on my metal lathe. Didn't want to spend the money on LMS style, so I thought I had a great idea to make one. Talked Mike Roux into fabricating one for me. Only to find out that, PSI sells them for $17.00 :redface: However, I doubt theirs has "0" run out like Mikes does. I always like watching Mike machine parts anyway :biggrin:

For what Mike had to go through to set up the lathe to make this piece, I would have ordered the adapter from PSI, had I known about it. Thanks, for doing this Mike!

And CSUSA sells them for $60. But they look like they're machined much nicer than the ones from PSI. At the risk of being obvious I'm gonna take a stab at who's has less runout...

Anyway, the pix you took made me realize I forgot to clean up the shoulder at the back of the threads. Sorry about that. By the time we got it all dialed in I forgot about it. I think the zero runout was a lot of dumb luck. But as they sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looking good Charles, you have some good friends (not to say useful:biggrin:)
Thanks Fred. Yes, friends all around the world.:wink::biggrin:

And CSUSA sells them for $60. But they look like they're machined much nicer than the ones from PSI. At the risk of being obvious I'm gonna take a stab at who's has less runout...

Anyway, the pix you took made me realize I forgot to clean up the shoulder at the back of the threads. Sorry about that. By the time we got it all dialed in I forgot about it. I think the zero runout was a lot of dumb luck. But as they sometimes better to be lucky than good.

Mike
Mike, remember, the collet chuck has a relief where the threads start? It works great, and looks great.

Chuck: Looks good. BTW, thanks for making the Mike R. connection. He called me this A.M. and we had a real nice chat. It's obvious the man knows his stuff! Especially for only being 30 or 40 yrs. old!!! :eek: yeh, he told me about that too. :biggrin:
Thanks Joe, glad you got to talk to that young'n:biggrin:

cnirenberg

Chuck,
That looks great. Mike's the MAN, and he does awesome work. Add that to the never ending list of things I would like to have......

cnirenberg

Chris, you really have to make it over one of these times when the guys are here:)

Mike

No kidding. Well Basketball is over and I should be free....hint, hint. This Saturday has already been spoken for, but you are correct. I need to make that 5 minute drive.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chris, you really have to make it over one of these times when the guys are here:)

Mike

No kidding. Well Basketball is over and I should be free....hint, hint. This Saturday has already been spoken for, but you are correct. I need to make that 5 minute drive.
Then we should set something up for the following week end.:biggrin:

Top Bottom