Collecting dust

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasJohn

My wife person gave me a dust collector from PI. It included an adapter to use with my shop vac and a sliding bracket to allow for positioning the collector in the correct place. The instructions say to attach the "sliding bracket" to a 2 X 4 and this will allow you to slide the bracket back and forth to the position you want. It does not say what the 2 X 4 is supposed to be attached to. Does anyone have one of these things - and if so - is the 2 X 4 supposed to be attached to the lathe bed or what?[:0] TIA Texas John

Thumbs

John, if that is the PSI kit, I think the 2x4 is mounted parallel to the ways on the table behind the lathe. I don't think you want to clutter up the lathe bed with something extra you have to move around anytime you want to adjust your turnings or tool rest. Hope this helps. Merry Christmas![:)]

<b>Edit:</b>
If you have a free standing lathe then you'll have to make some sort of bracket attachment or use an auxilliary stand behind the lathe to support the dust collector fixture. Good luck, whichever.[;)]

TexasJohn

Hi Bob - Merry Christmas and thanks. I think you are exactly correct. My Jet is free standing and I could see not way of attaching a 2X4 to it. I guess I will need need to make a free standing support for a 2X4 so I can mount the "sliding" bracket to it. The instructions that came with this thing are not exactly clear - IMHO. Thanks again - Texas John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom