Cocobolo Pen Blank Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mewell

Cocobolo Pen Blank Buy CLOSED

About 4 years ago I did a group buy for cocobolo pen blanks from a company called Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. I'm now proposing another buy from the same folks but with their better "King" grade cocobolo. While this is only the name they use, here's what their site says:

"The King Grade of Cocobolo Rosewood are hand-picked pieces chosen for amazing figure from crotches, curly, fiddleback, burls, swirls, whirls, etc. Each piece of cocobolo king wood has been carefully selected because of the incredible figure and unique characteristics of the individual piece."

I've received an order of 100 pieces that I've taken a picture of meant as a "for example" shot. The blanks I'm proposing for the group buy are nominally 3/4 x 3/4 x 6 in size, cured and dry, with sealed ends and will sell for the following prices, dependent on the quantity we end up buying.

500 $325 + $58.15 shipping* = $383.15 or 77 cents each
1000 $590 + $116.30 shipping* = $696.37 or 71 cents each
1500 $825 + $174.45 shipping* = $999.45 or 67 cents each

"Regular" price for these same blanks as a lot of 100 is $72 + 11.63 shipping = 83.63 or 84 cents each.

* These shipping costs are estimated by using what I paid for shipping 100 blanks to me. If you order fewer than 100 blanks you cost will go up slightly, if you order more, your cost will go down. Since Diamond Tropical has offered to "drop ship" these blanks, we won't have to mess with additional postage from me to you UNLESS YOU WANT FEWER THAN 25 BLANKS. In this case, I'll buy the blanks and ship them to you, but you'll need to pay the additional USPS charges from me to you. For all orders, you'll just pay me and give your shipping address, I'll send one payment and addresses to Diamond Tropical and they'll ship directly to you.

International orders will be accommodated but will cost more.Diamond Tropical WILL drop ship internationally, but I'll need to get rate quotes once the buy is complete.

Here is how you should estimate your cost:

The prices will depend on the total number ordered, but for your own "estimating" I'd use the 500 piece number and assuming we get more, the prices will only go down.

Multiply that total by 1.01 - As has become the custom, I'm adding 1% as a cushion for unforeseen costs that may come up. I will turn any extra money that I collect over to IAP for use of the site. I do not make any money on group buys. I simply get my blanks for less with no additional shipping charges. I will give a detailed account breaking out total costs, shipping and what is turned over to IAP. .

Add the cost of shipping [See note above]

If using Paypal, add $0.31 and multiply by 1.03 to come up with your total.

For those mailing a check or money orders, please send it to:

Mark Ewell
12142 W Atlantic Dr.
Lakewood, CO 80228

NOTE: All Checks must be to me before the buy is complete.

This buy will remain open until Saturday, March 21st, 9:00PM MDT

Please make any changes by posting a new message, not editing you prior message

1_Cocobolo.jpg

You may see the full sized picture here:
http://www.penturners.org/photos/images/722/1_Cocobolo.jpg

Please see the last message from me r.e. your shipping info!

Last edited:

hilltopper46

Since 25 blanks is the minimum for drop ship, can you give the total with PayPal for 25 blanks? I am 90% certain I'll be in for 25 blanks.

Make that 100% certain - put me in for 25 blanks.

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I have way too many blanks as it is, so I am going to have to limilt myself to 50. she won't notice another 50 , will she?

kevinbrown22

I'm in for 50 by PayPal. Let me know you email and I'll send over 40 unless I'm off on my calculation.

Last edited:

arw01

I'm in for 25 will pay via paypal

Love those Cocobolo pens. Lost one of my favorites a couple years ago in a Baron on a business trip.

25 for me, will do paypal.

Thanks
Alan

you can email me also at arwomack01 @ webbyhome.com

obviously no spaces :)

mewell

Wrapping it up!

In order to get an exact price from the vendor, please send me your shipping info and forum name via PM. I'll put all buyer's names and addresses together and send them off to Diamond Tropical and ask them to give me an exact price to drop ship all orders. Once I have that, I'll send a PM to everyone with your specific price and we'll get this ordered!

Thanks,
Mark

mewell

Updated...

Here are confirmed numbers and the folks I have shipping info for:
Received - Paid - Ordered Munsterlander - 25
Received - Paid - Ordered woftat - 50
Received - Paid - Ordered Wild Turkey - 100
Received - Paid - Ordered chuybregts - 25
Paid - Ordered jttheclockman - 25
Paid - Ordered lpierce65 - 50
Received - Paid - Ordered arw01 - 25
Received - Paid - Ordered jaeger - 25
Received - Paid - Ordered PenTurnerJohn - 50
Received - Paid - Ordered kevinbrown22 - 50
Paid - Ordered splinter99 - 20
Received - Paid - Ordered Orgtech - 50

All info has been forwarded to Diamond Tropical for final pricing. Next step? I'll get the quote from them, send another PM to each with pricing, including delivery and PayPal, you pay me, I'll pay Diamond Tropical and blanks will be shipped!

PMs will now be sent to all with your cost, including PayPal fees. If you don't hear from me by 3/24/09 5:00PM MDT please let me know!

Orders placed at 1300hrs MDT 3/27/09...
Mark

Last edited:

chuybregts

Was out of town last week, arrived last night at 1:30am, check my front porch, had a nice box-o-blanks just sitting there (no idea when they arrived, fortunately, no one stole them)

Checked them out after a sleep, looks great! Thanks for organizing the group buy!!!!!!!

mewell

I'm glad to hear that the reports are positive. I'm going to wait another day or two to see if anyone else reports receiving their blanks and assume the everyone has what they paid for. Next, I figure out what is left between what the costs were and what I was paid to see what Jeff gets.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom