Cocobolo Cigar on a chilly and rainy day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska:

It's been a while since I dug into my stash of Cocobolo so I grabbed a piece and a Woodturningz Gold Cigar kit to fill up a little time this afternoon. It's been chilly and raining for the past couple of days so it was a good indoor diversion. I had forgotten how much I love Cocobolo - kind of wish I would have made this pen for the "Pretty Wood" contest. I really like the broad range of color variations and figure in this one. Whaddia think?

Regards,
Dave

Four views of the pen as it was rotated:
IMG_1444 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1445 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1446 Cropped.jpg
IMG_1447 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

That's a great looking pen, Dave. Well turned and finished.
I would have voted for it last month. Too bad.
Cocobolo is one of my favourites as well.
Alan

Lucky2

Dave, it's a beautiful pen, I would love to get some Cocobolo to make a few pens out of. I must keep my eyes on the market here, to see if any ever comes available.

Len

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful blank and awesome finished pen. I'm glad to have seen a pen as I was wondering with the Title "Cocobolo Cigar..." šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

egnald

Here is a picture that is less "documentary" than the standard horizontal rotation pictures that I usually post. I've been trying to improve on my photography a little to be less "technical - documentary" and a little more artistic. I think the habit comes from many years of documenting materials and processes as an engineer. - Dave

IMG_1448 Cropped.jpg

CjG78

Greetings from Nebraska:

It's been a while since I dug into my stash of Cocobolo so I grabbed a piece and a Woodturningz Gold Cigar kit to fill up a little time this afternoon. It's been chilly and raining for the past couple of days so it was a good indoor diversion. I had forgotten how much I love Cocobolo - kind of wish I would have made this pen for the "Pretty Wood" contest. I really like the broad range of color variations and figure in this one. Whaddia think?

Regards,
Dave

Four views of the pen as it was rotated:
View attachment 246344View attachment 246345View attachment 246346View attachment 246347
Absolutely stunning

Top Bottom