Click Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

A few months ago there was a discussion on the reliability of the click pens. I had made some of the improved Berea kits for christmas and said I would report back on them after giving them a while to get used. I made eight of them and all are still in use. Five are used daily, three said they are used occassionally. No problems with them so far. As we talked about before I think the main thing is to make sure the pen tubes are correct lenght. Just wondering what kind of luck everone else is having.

johnnycnc

Hi Brent,
I have made 6 of these that are being used regularly,
3 since january, and 3 since March(I think).No major
problems,just the clicker button coming loose on a couple;
a drop of CA fixed that.
I have noticed that all of them needed a drop of CA in the
press fit areas;felt way too easy to press,almost could do
by hand.
my 2cents,
John

Brent, I've made quite a few of those and also had the clicker button come loose on a few. I wish they (Berea) would make the tubes a bit longer. The nib sticks out about 1/16" too far IMHO - and - before someone asks, I did not shave the tubes with the pen mill. The upper and lower barrel are the same length as the original tubes.

Daniel

George, You shoudl be able to leave the bareal longer yourslef. just don't mill all the way to the brass. a 32nd left at each end would make up for the 16th.
I've made lots fo click pens but non from Berea. they run hot and cold for me and none have had a smooth enough action to make me happy. I still sell them I just try to price them accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom