Click pen doesn’t work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasboy1

Hi folks, I did a search, but didn't find the answer. I just completed a Woodcraft (Wood River?) Turbin Stylus Click pen and tho' it looks great the clicking mechanism does not click, or leave the refill extended for writing. Short of disassembling the entire pen (not fun), does anyone have adevice? Perhaps if I understood the mechanism that might help, but right now I'm at a loss. The point does come out far enough for comfortable writing, but always retracts. I also separated the cap from the lower barrel and tried to 'feel a click' by holding the refill and operating the clicker but no change.
In the same vein, are more twist mechanisms available because they are just more reliable?
Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomas

I have had this same issue previously. For me, I found the problem was my method of assembly. I use a pen press and discovered that I needed to use a spacer when assembling clickers. I took about a 1" long piece of a pen blank and drilled a .25" hole through it. I put the push button inside the spacer while I press the assembly together. As for your specific question, I think you may be stuck disassembling the pen.

Just my $0.02 US. Good luck!

Tomas

Jans husband

If I have a problem with click pens, I take out the refill, give it a quarter turn and insert again. Your problem may be the click mechanism and the refill not engaging properly.

Disassembly is difficult, but I managed it by unscrewing the button, removing that and the button spring and pushing out the click mechanism from the button end.

I then put the largest disassembly rod which would fit up the tube and a couple of GENTLE but firm taps later the finial came out.
The plastic housing for the click mechanism is sturdy and rigid, but maybe I was lucky.

However, I have found some kits come with the click mechanism already fully assembled (rather than in pieces), and I doubt the method I used would work because the parts are already glued inside the finial.

Failing that, you have lost a kit, but can use the turned section again on another kit.

Please let us know the end result-whether success or not!

Mike

Chasboy1

Well I tried every which way and nothing. I have a note to Woodcraft and am awaiting a reply.
Is there a cross section database where I can match up my barrels to another pen kit?

Top Bottom