Chittum burl fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

Back in the shop after a low motivation spell and hot summer episode, finishing some fountain pens that were in various steps of finishing.
First off the basement is this one, Chittum burl and color harmonized with turquoise/teal epoxy (at least that was the original intent 😅).
The wood is very light, the one pen in that series that doesn't sink in water.

XC3Y7922.jpg XC3Y7923.jpg XC3Y7924.jpg

M13x0.8T and M10x1 as threads, Jowo#6 nib.
C&C welcome

The blank was cut from a live edge block, if anyone is interested in some live edge bit for casting let's talk :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Beautiful artistry Fred. But, I cringed at the image of it floating in water; and those that sank. :eek::eek::eek:
I use an ultrasonic cleaner to efficiently remove the gunk before final polishing (and after polishing), at that point the wood is protected by the finish on the outside and by the lining on the inside. That said it's a good way to test the waterproofing, makes me feel better knowing this if I ever sell some 😅

sorcerertd

I was thinking not long ago that I had not seen you showing a new pen for a while. Glad you got motivated again. That's a beauty! I've had the lack of motivation off and on this year, too.

Top Bottom