Chicken Chop Suey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I hope you all like chicken chop suey because there will be no more pork lo mein. The new Enco was delivered today (kudos to Enco for a quick two day delivery) and I am convinced there are no more hogs alive on mainland China. All have been slaughtered to provide for all the "lard" smeared on this d*** lathe. Three bedsheets and four rolls of paper towel and I'm getting close. All jokes aside, it isn't that bad but like I told SIL, It had to come across the ocean and I hate to think how many shades of brown (rust) it would be if it were not protected. Anyway, back to work. Scrub, dry Scrub, dry Scrub, dryAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I hope you all like chicken chop suey because there will be no more pork lo mein. The new Enco was delivered today (kudos to Enco for a quick two day delivery) and I am convinced there are no more hogs alive on mainland China. All have been slaughtered to provide for all the "lard" smeared on this d*** lathe. Three bedsheets and four rolls of paper towel and I'm getting close. All jokes aside, it isn't that bad but like I told SIL, It had to come across the ocean and I hate to think how many shades of brown (rust) it would be if it were not protected. Anyway, back to work. Scrub, dry Scrub, dry Scrub, dryAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:
You could have had it shipped to me :biggrin: I would be happy to remove that stuff. :biggrin:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I considered that (not for long), but I was afraid it might get lost in shipment. :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin: I think this is going to be the most fun I've had since the hogs ate my little brother. P.S. I guess you know why I haven't had time to take the pics of the SB, right? :wink:

You could have had it shipped to me :biggrin: I would be happy to remove that stuff. :biggrin:

Last edited:

PenMan1

LMAO!
JOE, Joe, joe! You are NOT doing it right! When the tools Gods grant you the opportunity to safegard a new new metal and mechanical whatzit, the process of removing the Cosmoline is a ritual!

This is your time to bond with your new pet. You promise it a life of easy turns and a rust free existence. During this time, with proper care and feeding, the machine will decide if it cares to bond with you, and the Gods will judge your worthiness of the Gizmo.

The way YOU are complaining, this lathe is GOING TO BITE YOU:)

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
You guys are fun to know. Andy, since you are LYAO, I guess that means you know I was only blowing smoke. I just put a bunch of sawdust in the splash tray for absorbent and sprayed it down with WD40. Stuff came right off. Now tomorrow we gots to make something, even if it's just a modificaton. Just looked at the clock. I guess tomorrow is now today!:biggrin: Time flys when you are having fun!!!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
DOES COSMOLINE COME FROM HOGS TOO??? :question::eek::biggrin:

LMAO!
JOE, Joe, joe! You are NOT doing it right! When the tools Gods grant you the opportunity to safegard a new new metal and mechanical whatzit, the process of removing the Cosmoline is a ritual!

This is your time to bond with your new pet. You promise it a life of easy turns and a rust free existence. During this time, with proper care and feeding, the machine will decide if it cares to bond with you, and the Gods will judge your worthiness of the Gizmo.

The way YOU are complaining, this lathe is GOING TO BITE YOU:)

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Andy: Sent reply, nothing showed up on this end, reposted, then both showed up I don't know what's going on!

Mike: There will be pics but gotta finish setting up and got a lot of cleaning to do. Counting welders, Lathes, Grinders, Saws, etc. I probably have 25 or more pieces of equipment in this little 1 1/2 car garage. Besides that, one corner is fly tying, computer, pen pics, outboard storage and final assembly room, and you know I have to allow the LOML to have one corner for freezer and laundry. I HAVE run out of floor space. Like I said, gotta clean before pics!!:redface::redface::redface: Tonight and tomorrow is modify to QCTP time.

Top Bottom