Cheer Cheers for Beaufort Ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Yesterday I used Beaufort Ink's contact page to ask them how to disassemble a Mistral ballpoint without demolishing the twist mechanism. In doing so I incorrectly typed my email address. This morning I got a call from Phil Dart of Beaufort Ink, who graciously explained the process to me and followed up by email, after I gave him my correct address. Thoroughly impressed with their customer service. Well done, and thank you Phil.
For those interested, here is the procedure:

Hi John

Dismantleing a Mistral ballpoint cap is not as straight foreward as other pens, as you have to avoid knocking on the mechanism or else the mechanism will at best get pushed too far into the finial, or at worst get destroyed.

The secret is to find a tube that is small enough to slip inside the cap but large enough to go round the outside of the mechanism. That can then be located on the tenon of the finial, and you then knock on your newly inserted tube. If you can't find one that's a suitable size, you can use one that's too large if you slice it open lengthways and curl it in on itself, a bit like curling up a spring.

I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards
Phil Dart

(Thanks for the corrected email address, by the way).

3135KGK5503789FGFJ1.jpg

Manufacturers and distributors of high end products
for discerning pen enthusiasts and makers.
World wide agents for Bock nibs.

Beaufort Ink
Great Wotton Cottage Studios
Colebrooke, Crediton,
Devon, EX17 5DL
Tel/Fax: 01363 84686
Web: www.beaufortink.co.uk
email: info@beaufortink.co.uk

5412UWS5503789XWSD1.png

On 27/10/2022 21:01, John Muncie wrote:
IP:2600:1004:b102:2b0a:38cc:d2e:6056:c632
Name:John Muncie
Tel:423 432 2802
Email:Jcmuncie71@ep if.com
A Mistral ballpoint I recently completed developed a crack in the upper barrel, and I need to disassemble it. Is there a way to do this without demolishing the twist mechanism. I am physically unable to pull the twist mechanism out of the finial. Many thanks.
P

Top Bottom