Checking in from Canada’s “left” coast… beautiful Victoria, BC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

heykid41

Hey all. New to this pen turning… I turned my first one yesterday. Nothing impressive, but I 3-D printed my blank, resin filled it and turned a cigar pen. I like the artsy way of these 3-D blanks… this is not finished well, but i was more concerned with the process. I've got another to try today!
IMG_7161.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP community. You have a very interesting process and have produced a nice result. I applaud your choice of the Cigar kit. Most turners that are just starting out use a Slimline style because it is one of the least expensive kits around. Cigar kits are one of my favorite styles, a style that has it's roots in the very early days of kit based pen turning.

Best Regards,
Dave

Welcome from Oregon. Saskatchewan looks the same from the air as it does from the sky. It's so flat that if you stand on your tiptoes you can see the back of your head.

Shifter

i'm fairly new here but welcome and that pen has so much promise I love the look. did you ca finish it? micromesh? i'm gonna have to try it out too. what kind of plastic is that? FDM? resin?

Lew

Love the design on the pen. It will be interesting to see how you progress and change as you keep going. And, welcome from Texas.

howsitwork

Welcome Scott

thats a whole new rabbit warren you're exploring !!!! Printing then filling with resin ! Looks good so far

amtechrs

Hi Scott! I think you're on to something there! Very cool implementing a 3D printer! I look forward to seeing more of your cool work...

Top Bottom