Check your PayPal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarman

I might have been the only lucky? one but this morning I checked my e-mail and found that I was being charged for a $1433.00 purchase that I had not made. I contacted PayPal and they put a stop payment on this and said they would investigate. It seems that this person had sold some items and had it put on my paypal account and then said I bought something from him for the exact same amount. If I had not checked this morning this would have gone thru and someone would have been out a lot of money.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pikebite

I have been getting alot of fake e-mails recently pretending to be from PayPal. The one I had today was very convincing but it rang alarm bells when it said my account was about to be suspended. Paypal told me never to open a link to PayPal from an e-mail.

Richard

BigRob777

Folks,
Please, never respond to any e-mails like this. They are scams. If you ever click on a paypal link, it should show your paypal account name. Also, if you put the cursor over the link, in your e-mail, it won't be the typical "http://paypal.com". I've gotten dozens of these fakes. If you key in your password and your paypal id, you've given them access to your account.

If you have paypal in your favorites, click on that and you'll know if there is a problem. Tom, it may not have been paypal who dealt with you today, unless you clicked on your own link. I include a link to paypal in my bills, which maybe I should stop, but if you put your cursor on it, it'll show the real paypal info.

I hope this helps.
Rob

Rifleman1776

Despite thousands of repeated warnings, folks still open unsolicited e-mails from businesses. With some, especially Pay Pal and eBay (there are others), the scams are numerous. Both PP and eBay communicate with their subscribers via their site. Delete those e-mails without opening. That said, I know many still will. [:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom