Cheap Laser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

Im not sure, i mean you can't even buy a laser head for that price. But if it works good that would be a great buy. I might take the chance, it's only $35.

SteveJ

That looks like a copy of the laserpecker pro 2 which was available on Kickstarter with delivery for March of this year. It is presently available at Indiegogo for $819 like the one you've shown. HaveYouWant has even taken the pictures directly from the Laserpecker pro advertisements. (Others have done the same thing and offer it at close to the same price as HaveYouWant.)

Joebobber

That looks like a copy of the laserpecker pro 2 which was available on Kickstarter with delivery for March of this year. It is presently available at Indiegogo for $819 like the one you've shown. HaveYouWant has even taken the pictures directly from the Laserpecker pro advertisements. (Others have done the same thing and offer it at close to the same price as HaveYouWant.)
So does that mean its legit or is it a scam?

Bats

So does that mean its legit or is it a scam?
Dunno... selling an $800 laser engraver for $35? Maybe they got one from the Kickstarter, reverse engineered it, and discovered how to build one cheaper (by more than an order of magnitude). Or maybe they just got a really, really good price buying in bulk. Off the back of a truck. In a dark alley. From a pair of guys named Guido and Guido (no relation).

Or maybe it's a scam.

My money's on the latter, since I'd be hard put to find a 5W laser module for that much - the cheapest I'm seeing on Aliexpress is $41.57 (again, just for the module - not the whole machine).

(Also, did anyone else see "Handheld Engraver & Cutter" on the link and think it was going to be a laser in a handpiece, like a soldering iron/woodburning pen/3Doodler? maybe a laser Dremel?)

eteska

(Also, did anyone else see "Handheld Engraver & Cutter" on the link and think it was going to be a laser in a handpiece, like a soldering iron/woodburning pen/3Doodler? maybe a laser Dremel?)
My thought exactly.. and I would definitely chance $35 on a potential scam for something like that

penicillin

Scam. For sure. They will steal your money. Good luck recovering your money from them in China.

JMLIKOZAR

Just saw this on the web. Any thoughts? Comments? Any one have one?
Just saw this on the web. Any thoughts? Comments? Any one have one?
Yea, I'd be careful of low cost items like that. They usually come from China. I tried one just after Christmas, and what they sent me was a soldering iron. Complained to PayPay, and luckily they were good about it and gave me a credit. Good luck if you do go for it!

Top Bottom