Chapter Club Prizes!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Chapter Club Collaboration Contest

The results are in, so it's time to give out the prizes! You might be asking why I'm announcing the prizes; the truth is, I sort of run this place, and can do what I want! :biggrin: (see, Ed - I told you that you should announce it!)

Since this is a collaborative contest, you can divvy the prizes up however you like at your next meeting, but we need a single 'designated recipient' to ship them to; that person can be in charge of them until your chapter meets in the near future.

You can post the contact name of the 'designated recipient' here, and have that person send his/her address on to Ed. If no one steps forward, Ed will keep all the blanks for himself! :)

In first place, Northern/Central California, wins a collection of blanks compliments of wolftat
- 5 coffee bean blanks
- 5 shredded money blanks
- 5 spalted Dogwood blanks
- 5 mystery blanks

2nd; North Virginia, wins a flat rate priority mail box of blanks compliments of papaturner

Since your chapter won the prize, it's up to you how you want to divvy them up, but one possibility is to use them as a door prize for your next chapter meeting!

Congratulations to all the winners, and Kudos to Dario and the judges for a job well done.

Michigan- you win whining rights for the next two weeks! Seriously, though, it was a very close contest from what I understand, and everyone who entered should be very proud of what they accomplished!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

I will step up for the Norther Virginia (VA/MD/DC) Chapter and will use the prize generously donated by Papaturner as some door prizes at the next picnic.

Dario,
That is mighty big of you, thank you from the Michigan chapter. Whining rights was a pretty good prize, I expect that the blanks are in addition to the whining rights, other wise forget the blanks... all whining can be viewed in the Michigan chapter forum, though non-Michigan retorts will not be permitted...

Since I posted a third place, I think they deserve a price as well. I will send them some blanks from my stash.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Dario, you are one mighty fine person! Thanks for doing that!!

Max, you can send them to me and we'll get them dispersed. I'll PM Ed.

GK

Draken

Thanks to everyone that worked behind the scenes to organize this contest, and for the judges who had quite a job to determine the winners, glad I wasn't in your shoes. Also thank you to all of the fine folks and companies that donated prizes in support of the IAP.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Or maybe it was one too many rum and cokes. :eek:

Can I just stick with "Max"? It is so much easier to remember. :wink:

Sorry Andrew!!

GK

Dario

I am late sending out the prize but woke up really early today to dig through my boxes and set the following aside to be mailed tomorrow.

1. Katalox Burl
2. TX Mt Laurel
3. Zebrawood
4. Bahia Rosewood
5. Spalted Flame Box Elder
6. Spanish Olivewood
7. Figured Mango
8. Killer Curly Koa
9. Myrtlewood burl
10. Amboyna
11. Curly Mesquite
12. Figured "Heritage" Live Oak