Casting stamps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Riksss

Hello I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to cast stamps. I have dealt with all my problems but one. I get too many air bubbles in my cast. I use a pressure tank and cast between 45 and 50 psi. I use alumilite clear for my resin. getting frustrated. Need your help. Richard

jttheclockman

Richard in a few days we are going to be on a new server and hopefully doing searches will be easier for all to comprehend. But there is so much info here about every subject you can think of and waiting for others to maybe answer your question you can do some reading.

Look through some of these threads and maybe you will find some answers.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/sea...chinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=casting+stamps

mattm

Maybe you could "Paint on the resin for coverage then cast them. At least then the bubbles won't stick to the paper and you could pour a more liquid resin to the bubbles rise quicker.

Curly

Alumilite doesn't like moisture. Maybe there is some in the paper from the glue you used. Try put it in a warm oven for a little bit to dry it out before casting or switch to an epoxy or PR resin.

Top Bottom