Casing Pen Voting - please read

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi all,

I will post three polls a bit later. Each poll will have a group of entries. Please don't vote till ALL three polls are up and running.
To keep it fair and simple, the entries will appear in the same order that they were posted in the Judges thread.
You will be able to vote once in each poll. The results will be hidden till it's over.

If anyone can think of a reason why this may not be fair, then please let me know asap. ( PM preferably, but here is ok)

Please remember to vote for the PEN, and NOT the person:wink:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mmmm, ok I have a dilemma:redface:

Here is the original rules on how the polls would take place;

....Judging and Prizes

Judging this year is going to be completely up to the public! Steve is going to create a series of hidden polls to select the winners. There will be two different types of polls. People that really go crazy with their ammunition will be eligible for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons. For the more generic type casing and arrow pens, we do also have 1st ribbon for as well, so if you feel that you can't compete with some of the bigger dogs..that is not the case at all! A series of polls will select winners of the two divisions which will then go into another poll to determine the final winners.......

Now here is the problem...

I think that every single pen is fantastic and each deserve to be in the same poll as any other. Perhaps, with hindsight Jeff or I could / should have asked each entrant to specify whether their entry was a 'generic' pen.
Now, as we couldn't anticipate such a great selection of entries it may be perhaps unfair and possibly unkind for me or Jeff or both to make that decision as to whether or not someones work is 'generic'
Either way, I don't think the results would change at all by messing with the rules just to clarify any difference between entries.

There was only one top place for 'generic' pens anyway and leaving it as just one group poll will give everone a fair chance.

I'll hold off for a bit and hopefully Jeff will be able to log on and say his piece.

I really hope that the judging can remain in our members votes as I for one would hate to decide which group a pen may or may not belong in.:wink:

Last edited:

workinforwood

A pen that has chopped up components is custom and any pen that uses a complete casing section is "generic".

So if you only added a top section to a bullet than it is the generic version, regardless the fact that you may have worked super hard at that top section and the winner in that category is going to walk away in just as good a position as the winner in the "custom section"

Hope that is clear.

Because some people entered more than one pen, they are eligible to win in both of the categories if they have a pen that meets both styles.

In the remaining prize drawing, if you have 5 pens then your name will go in the hat 5 times but you can only win one prize, and if you are one of the top three or the top 1 in the "generic", then you already win a prize and will not be in the random drawings.

As posted in the rules, all participants accept the decisions of Steve and I, and Steve is handling the judging poll, so his word is the final word of god.

I like the idea of listing the pens in the poll in the order they appear. So I suggest you start the down the list, but skip any pens that are not custom chopped pens. Then go back and do all the rest.

We need 3 winners of custom and one generic. so there will be a couple "poll offs" to do no doubt.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ok, I think we are getting there.
Some may not like it, but 'Rules is Rules'
So I have compiled two lists. One that, in accordance with those rules and from what I can tell from the pics, I have catogorized as 'Custom' and the other as 'Generic'

Now I still want to be fair so.....
If you strongly believe that YOUR pen is in the wrong group, then please PM me and we can discuss. Only PM's about your own pen will be allowed.

The numbers represent the entries in the order in which they appear in the Judges thread.

Custom;

Generic;

Custom;
2. Chuck Key – USA Flag Arrow
3. Maxman 400 – patriot 50 Cal
4. Sylvanite – Ignition
5. Chuck Key – Bamboo Arrow
6. Hunter 27 – Postal
7. THarvey – 2nd Amendment
8. BRobbins – USA desk set
11. Wade 45 – USA 7.62
15. Mudpuppie – 3 casing FP
16. Maxman 400 – Casing Cigar
17. Pen Turner 297 - .30 Cal Patriot
21. JohnCrane – Aussie Exes
22. JohnCrane – 270 Mag
27. Seamus 7227 – 280 Pres Seal Bi Quarter
28. Tdjumr - .410 Shotgun PC

Generic;
1. Chuck Key – Camo Arrow P & P
9. Rfturner – Stars, Stripes & Bullets
10. MBroberg – God & Country
12. Corian King – 30-06 Love My Country
13. EBorraga – Here We Go 308
14. Toni / CaptG – 30-06 PC Dragon
18. LarryDNJR – Corian Seg
19. VA3JFF – Canadian Peacekeeper
20. Seer – Bloodwood – Maple
23. Wizard – Simply R,W and Blue
24. JTDesigns – Price of Freedom
25. Mudpuppie – 45 Sierra
26. Madmax89060 - .410 Soft Air

I will personally re-check my lists tonight. If I think I may have got one wrong I will PM that entrant. Likewise, as I said an entrant may PM me too. I'll post the Polls first thing in the morning.

:wink:

Last edited:

workinforwood

Looks great to me Steve. It was stated that in joining the contest you accept whatever happens in the end and we all know that there is no favoritism at play in running the contest. Running a contest is never easy, we have to make judgment decisions. I am really proud to see the accomplishments of the contestants and finally figured out which pens I like best.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just wanted to bump this so the entrants don't miss it.:wink:

If you haven't already seen this please see the lists in the 5th post in this thread.

I added names to the numbers just for clarity.

Good luck to all those that entered !!! Every single one is fantastic!!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom