Cartridge cutoff jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

saftrep

Played around with the dremel and come up with this. Works ok so far. Don't hold the cartridge or pick up the cutoff end right after it is cut. (DAMHIKT):D

David

200699211329_Cartridge%20Cutoff%20Jig.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Please note:

For the good of the site, stupid people this will apply to you.. Do not do this to a live cartridge!! Make sure there is no little lead point on the other end or you may be shocked.

OK, now the post can continue! [;)]

bonefish

I would look at both ends. You can buy primed, empty cases.

A live primer can be very bad news. A live primer and powder is really bad news, if you are doing something that gets it hot.

Bonefish

leatherjunkie

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Please note:

For the good of the site, stupid people this will apply to you.. Do not do this to a live cartridge!! Make sure there is no little lead point on the other end or you may be shocked.

DANG IT!!!!![}:)]

You just took all the fun out of it.[}:)]

Lets just hope that certain people will take your comments to heart before preparing the brass shell for a pen kit.

myname1960

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Please note:

Don't you know that the stupid people will only look at the pretty picture and not read the instructions or warnings.

saftrep

Yea, I noticed that after I posted the picture. It is secured to the ply with a quick clamp. I only use unprimed new casings. I do not advocate using primed casings or removing primers from once fired casings.

David

2006910134547_Cartridge%20Cutoff%20Jig1.jpg
<br />

2006910134612_Cartridge%20Cutoff%20Jig2.jpg
<br />

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by saftrep
<br />Yea, I noticed that after I posted the picture. It is secured to the ply with a quick clamp. I only use unprimed new casings. I do not advocate using primed casings or removing primers from once fired casings.
David

2006910134547_Cartridge%20Cutoff%20Jig1.jpg
<br />

2006910134612_Cartridge%20Cutoff%20Jig2.jpg
<br />

Once fired casings are just that, casings that have been fired and other than oxidation usually have a better appearance than new casings.
I have bought new casings that had been dinged pretty bad in the mfgr process.
Fired casings on the other hand have been formed in the chamber of the rifle and are in better shape, all they need is a little polishing.
Once fired are usually quite a bit cheaper also.

saftrep

I haven't gotten any that were dinged up yet (not saying I won't). They polish up pretty good. Spending a little extra on the casings is OK with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom