Cartridge adapters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

What's with the adapters on some of these kits? I don't know how one should expect a customer not to lose them. I just put together my first duraclick EDC. The little white cartridge extender seems as if a garbage can will be its accidentall fate. Also it fits loosely in some cartridge ends, though this isn't really the refill's fault. (I tried 3 different ones to see.) Seems like it would be better if the manufacturer modified the parts. Oh, well...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

You have three options.
You can shorten the brass by the length of the adaptor. Changes the look of the pen though.
You can use a longer refill like a Uni-Ball 207 refill and then you keep the look of the original pen and do away with the adaptor. We used to do that with the old style Sierra clicks that had those adaptors.
You buy something else. Easiest but rules out a pen you might otherwise like.

TonyL

I have purchased replacements inexpensively from a source other than PSI (Milan).

sorcerertd

You have three options.
You can shorten the brass by the length of the adaptor. Changes the look of the pen though.
You can use a longer refill like a Uni-Ball 207 refill and then you keep the look of the original pen and do away with the adaptor. We used to do that with the old style Sierra clicks that had those adaptors.
You buy something else. Easiest but rules out a pen you might otherwise like.

Uni-Ball 207... will definitely check that out. Wonder if a G2 would work without any modification other than the length of the barrel?

Not sure about going that much shorter, but might try that just to see. Looks ro be about 12 mm. It feels a bit top heavy anyway, though very light overall. A heavier wood than olive would balance it better, too. Was planning to keep this one because I don't have enough pens already. LOL.

20200815_234529.jpg

magpens

I have made several of these pen kits. . Also do not like having that white extension piece on the refill.

I have wondered about permanently attaching a 12mm rod onto the plunger which is part of the Schmidt click mechanism at the top.
This rod would take the place of the white extension piece. . If it is permanently attached to the click mech, then it can't get lost.
I think this modification would not interfere with anything.

Might try that on the next pen I make of this type.

Top Bottom