Candle Plate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

My Sister asked me at the last minute to turn a plate for a set of (3) Pillar Candles. There is to be a slient auction at the elementary school where she works. I didn't have much wood on hand, so I cheated with some Bolivian Rosewood, Walnut and Zebra scraps I had around. 8" diameter, 5/8" thick.

rosewoodplare2.jpg

rosewoodplare1.jpg

First photo shows the finish (Deft Lacquer) and the second shows the nice grain.

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Man, if you threw something like that together at the last minute, what would you do if you had some time and planning? That is awesome and the finish is fantastic! Is there anyway we can get in on that silent auction?[;)]
Great job Fangar, hope it brings the school a lot of money.

Fangar

Guys,

Thanks very much for the nice comments. The auction is Friday evening. I finished it up yesterday afternoon. My only concern is that the lacquer will not fully cure by then. I told her to keep the candles off of it until the last minute. Hopefully it will be good by then. I really have been happy with the Deft spray lacquer.

I really need to buy some more stock. Lately my woodcraft has not had any good stuff. Though their prices are a bit higher, sometimes they have some diamonds hidden in there.

Cheers,

I will let you know how it does at auction, if I even find out.

Cheers,

Fangar

Johnathan

Simply Wonderful James! It seems way too nice to have a bunch of cheap candles melting all over it! and that finish! I could comb my hair in the morning in the reflection![:0][8D]

chitswood

ITs great what you can do with some scraps and glue[;)]
Excellent plate.[:0]

I'm turning a purpleheart/canarywood bowl right now[:p]

Just letting the glue set some more, I'd hate to have the whole thing explode on me.

Fangar

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />James is this brushed Deft or sprayed?

Johnathan,

It is the spray can variety. My local Lowe's stocks both the high gloss and satin. Nice stuff. Works really well on my stoppers too.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom