Can we compete in contests?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

Okay, I'm talked to cav about doing a slimline challenge, and he suggested it be rolled into the bash. I didn't even know anything about the bash prior to his suggestion. I think the bash sounds great, and I'm really excited to be helping out.

Now for the question. I'm a new turner, I got my lathe in september, since I am not actually working on the newbie pen turner contest, can I participate? I figured we wouldn't be able to participate in contests that we were working on, or in contests like the trivia contest, but what about contests that we aren't involved with planning?

Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

My feeling is that Bash Team Members should be able to participate in any Bash Event except for those events they are either running or judging.

What do the rest of y'all think?

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I agree. There is no reason to not allow a certain group to participate just because they are willing to step up and help out! No go on a contest you are judging or running but fine otherwise.

DocStram

And this year ..... we'll keep the Daily Trivia Questions and answers out of the Bash Planning Forum. Only the Trivia Meisters as well as Cav and myself will see the questions and answers beforehand. That way, the Bash Team members will be able to participate.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sounds like good ideas to me. I likely will only participate in the donation drawing as some might consider that I have an inside track on the other contests.

If needed, I can take the heat if a "decision czar" is needed. Since I have a fancy title :wink: I would want to take all possible grief away from our volunteers. Please know that I will be glad to moderate any contesting of your decisions. Hell, I work on bank robbers, drug smugglers and murderers. They can't be much worse than an irate pen turner????:biggrin:

DocStram

Sounds like good ideas to me. I likely will only participate in the donation drawing as some might consider that I have an inside track on the other contests.

If needed, I can take the heat if a "decision czar" is needed. Since I have a fancy title :wink: I would want to take all possible grief away from our volunteers. Please know that I will be glad to moderate any contesting of your decisions. Hell, I work on bank robbers, drug smugglers and murderers. They can't be much worse than an irate pen turner????:biggrin:

I will be doing the same as Cav.

Top Bottom