Can’t Save Everything 17-3/8 x 3/16 board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Yes, it is a board measuring 17-3/8" x 3/16" x 43-1/2". You can see the saw marks from it being cut. Came out of an old buffet we bought from an estate. It was the bottom of the piece and had the cross piece added at some time. I saved it because it is a bit unique since it is neither a laminate or pealed. Unfortunately it is so warped and split as to be nearly useless and am I am sorely constrained for room.

The buffet was an older piece with all hand cut dovetails and joints as well as a series of repairs of different quality. We restored and kept everything as was except this piece, one unusable drawer bottom and the backer over the mirror.

Sometimes, you can't save everything.
763EC497-955E-449D-A25F-766DC8DF1CB8.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I've found the quickest way to find a use for something is to get rid of it. 99% of the time I found a use for it within a week. I'm sure this information won't help I just know it works.

PatrickR

that is one wide thin board!
clean it up and put a frame around it. It could be used as a background for some kind of wall hanging/art project.

TonyL

How about leaving it whole and filling the cracks with a colored resin pour? Would make a nice table top.

crokett

I would glue a piece of 1/4" ply to the back to stabilize it, then fill the splits with a resin, then sand it to clean it up and use it as a background for a wall hanging or even as the top for some new project. If I were going to use it as the top for a project I would use 3/4" ply.

greenacres2

Would make great bottoms for a lot of small boxes. Dividers for utility drawers. Smaller pieces of it would not be as warped as the whole thing.

I'm sure I'd keep for another 20-30 years looking for the right projects.
Earl

MRDucks2

Would make great bottoms for a lot of small boxes. Dividers for utility drawers. Smaller pieces of it would not be as warped as the whole thing.

I'm sure I'd keep for another 20-30 years looking for the right projects.
Earl
Great, I am heading to Burns Harbor this week. I'll bring it with me to drop by and store it at YOUR place.😊

Top Bottom