Came across this after...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

Came across this in the middle of the street. (being worked on) after going to the post office to find the flat rate internatinal envelope for Geo in Winnipeg. Sadly I could only fit that much in my Sante Fe and they were going to load up the rest for the dump. Was some larger trunks I couldnt fit. :(

20062231429_wood%20001.jpg

20062231441_wood%20002.jpg

But dont know where to put it. Here is some other mesquite and apricot trunks, along with 1/2 of the corian I have and some wood we got for projects to include pens.

20062231516_wood%20003.jpg

20062231623_wood%20004.jpg

20062231635_wood%20005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Tom,

That is a good haul!!! Were they pre-cut like that?

YOu should have called Kevin over...I am sure he would love to get some of those mesquite [;)]

airrat

Terry the trunks are mesquite.

Dario I might want to call you. I am getting so much that needs to be milled I have no clue where to begin and dont want to waste it. Yeah they were cutting them down to managable sizes. OH TO HAVE HAD A FULL SIZE TRUNK the agony.

Dario

Count your blessings...I haul mine on a sedan!!! [V]

You are in luck...mesquite hardly cracks once sealed and kept out of direct sun. You don't need to hurry too much but if you want to be sure cut them in half through the pith...they should be fine. [:)].

Kevin wanted some natural edged mesquite...maybe you can help him instead. Send him a PM. Shipping from here is a deal breaker. Not sure how close you two are, maybe he can drive over???

Tom
If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have gone to the P.O. -- you wouldn't have come across the windfall -- you'll need more flat rate international envelopes to hold my cut [:p][}:)][}:)][;)]

dubdrvrkev

Nice haul Tom. Some guys have all the luck. [;)] Dario's right I am interested in some natural edge stuff. I need to get a chainsaw one of these days so I can mill some stuff. If you guys need any help with anything let me know.

airrat

Kevin I am sure we will and email me your phone number again. I got a new computer and cannot find it.

Dario the scarry part is Kevin is only a couple miles away from the stash point.

Be Right Back going to put under lock and key in case he remembers that![:p]

I am glad to hear that it wont crack too fast. I wish I would have known that about the apricot I cut down. I should have cut it down some right away. the trunks cracked up and it was a nightmare milling it. Not even sure how it will turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom