Calling diabetics, peanut allergies, "No M&M" people!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Getting pretty DEEP in here Mal. Is there anything else you left out??:) Not a candy man. I prefer a discount card of some sort.

In my OPINION!!!! A gift that compels you to return to exotics is not a gift, it is a marketing tool. NOTHING WRONG with that, but we really want to give customers a little extra, even if they never shop with us again!!

Interesting side note, I just got an email from a first time customer who says he will never come back! Why? He only got one bag and he thinks his order merited MORE than that.

I'm really glad I started this conversation, otherwise his comments might have had some impact---based on what I have heard here, I will just chalki it up to "Can't please everyone".

THANKS to ALL of you for your comments, but I am still interested in "what I CAN eat" comments from the "non-peanut m&m" gallery!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

When I was working I was in technical service and sales the last 20 years or so. Every Christmas season I gave away gifts of appreciation and no matter what I gave it was always appreciated. If a company bought a few hundred thousand dollars from me and got several boxes of candy and and maybe 10 tins of popcorn they were elated. The popcorn especially, the women would fight over them. Sometimes I would here that the empty tins were all gone and someone really wanted one so I would give them another one, hell they were only five dollars a tin.
Oh, i'm not suggesting you give away tins of popcorn. šŸ¤£
but then again is do like cheese popcorn, šŸ˜†

@ed4copies
I am 76 and I know my days are numbered; I have a large backlog of your pen kits to make; but I am still with you all the way !!!!!

Hey Mal, 76 aint jack. My father in law is almost 97 and still going strong, and I mean strong. A couple of heart attacks, cancer twice and he beat them all. I just got done seeing him, and my mother in law, for a week in October, I still don't think I want to ever have to fight him.
76 by todays standards is still, well maybe somewhat, young. Heck I plan to live to be a ripe old fart at the age of at least 93. Don't sell your life to short my friend. I expect to hear a lot from you for a lot more years...

jttheclockman

In my OPINION!!!! A gift that compels you to return to exotics is not a gift, it is a marketing tool. NOTHING WRONG with that, but we really want to give customers a little extra, even if they never shop with us again!!

Interesting side note, I just got an email from a first time customer who says he will never come back! Why? He only got one bag and he thinks his order merited MORE than that.

I'm really glad I started this conversation, otherwise his comments might have had some impact---based on what I have heard here, I will just chalki it up to "Can't please everyone".

THANKS to ALL of you for your comments, but I am still interested in "what I CAN eat" comments from the "non-peanut m&m" gallery!!!
WHAT what do you think a bag of M&Ms is. Read all the comments. They come back because they get a bag of candy. A 10% card stating you can redeem on your next order is not compelling. I do not cash Ernie's in all the time because of time restraints on it. Other vendors I deal with do this also not just pen making stuff. I buy from many vendors. A card is also a marketing tool. As is extra blanks or anything added to an order that was not ordered. Adding a gift is a marketing tool and you should know that.

Do what you feel is best for you and your company. If your product is good people will come back without gimmicks.

Before I got into pen making I always gave away a pen at my shows as a thank you gift and of course it had my name and number on it so it too was a marketing tool but it was a usable gift.

Last edited:

WriteON

If your product is good people will come back without gimmicks.
Bingo. Give away gimmicks and customers will expect them. There is no substitute for quality items, service & price.
As for candy... I'm diabetic I'd rather have a few Metformin a bottle of diet water.

DesertCanyon

I really like the M&Ms, and also the tie-in with your Mix & Match pricing. Nice reminder of another thing that sets you apart from most others. And I love the peanut ones.

It is hard to find something that works for everyone. I know people allergic to peanuts, others cashews, and still others almonds. The only ones I know with a contact allergy (just from touching them) are allergic to peanuts. So I can see how it might be better to do regular M&Ms. Very considerate that you put them in a zip-lock bag.

Disclaimer: I'm not an allergist, nor do I play one on TV...

rsieracki

Well I dont have diabetes (yet anyways) and I love the bags of M&M's... but I'm fat enough as it is... I do however appreciate the free blanks you include so I'd rather you fatten my wallet with blanks than my waist with Peanut M&M's..

Although I may not have formally thanked you I do so indirectly by reccomending Exotic Blanks whenever someone asks where to buy something here on the forum or on one of the many FB pen groups.. then theres the turners that stop in my booths at shows who ask where i got this or that at...thats when i talk all about what great people Ed & Dawn are.. then i kick myself in the ass for telling my competition where to buy the good stuff :)

sbwertz

All diabetics are different, some can stand candy and some can't. Some can stand cookies and some can't. Me personally I can stand candy and cookies but the cookies will raise my blood sugar more than candy. Why, I asked this of my doctor and he said everybody's body is different.
And my insulin dependent husband can't tolerate either one. He uses Smarties instead of glucotabs to bring his blood sugar up if it gets low. He has more control with the smaller pieces. A whole glucotab will sometimes send him too high. Smarties have the same ingredients as glucotabs.

Top Bottom