CA finishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodguy1975

I simply turn the glue off the bushing. Waxing the bushings helps, but it will still build up on the bushing. I use a parting tool or skew to cut the glue right up to the blank. Usually the bushing come right off with no damage to the finish.

Good Luck,

John

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
2005511182645_mandrelstuckweb.jpg
<br />Funny you should ask that question, clearly I missed a lesson!![

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
IF you are doing loose center bands the same time you are turning the pen, it helps to punch a hole in some wax paper and put it between the milled piece for the centerband and the blank.(This is if you are going to finish the CB at the same time.)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's a new kit, just trying to think of a name and find a dip nib.[:D][:D][:D]

BTW, I fixed the bad spot on the tip of the blank!

rtparso

ed4copies
Been there done that!!! Drill a hole in a chunk of hardwood (8/4 x 8/4 x 6") the same size as the mandrel. Set the madrel on another chunk (not on your nice work bench DAMHIK) and slide the first chunk over the mandrel and as some one said in another post wack it. The bad thing about CA is that it doesn't resist shock but in your case it is a good thing.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Large pockets, yes! Empty, but large pants have large pockets and everyone in Wisconsin eats well! LOL

This is part of why I go to Illinois-smaller people, larger wallets, higher cost of living, more perceived value. (yes, my mandrel pen would still be a challenge to sell)

Daniel

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />You mean you don't think I can sell it like it is[:0][:0][:0]?

Ye of little faith!
Run an auction for it in personal calssifieds. list it as a half loaded mandrel. saves you half the time when putting blanks on the mandrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom