CA 'crinkling' with accelerator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!
I have been using Satellite City CA products for 4 years. It seemed more popular here and I liked the option of speeding up the curing process with the aerosol accelerator.
However, I have noticed something in the last several months that doesn't look right. After applying a coat of medium CA, I spritz with the Satellite City accelerator and the fairly smooth coating starts to 'crinkle'. If I just let the coats air dry, no accelerator, the finish is fairly smooth & glossy.
Environmental factors such as humidity, temperature, etc. are consistent - the products are approx. 4-6 months old. Would appreciate any and all suggestions/comments.
Another thought, I have seriously considered another product that does not have an accelerator. The problem is that the aeorosol accelerators are VERY expensive in Canada and unless I purchase them over the border, manufacturers either won't or can't ship aerosol products into Canada.

leehljp

Member Liaison
" If I just let the coats air dry, no accelerator, the finish is fairly smooth & glossy."
Some people do well with accelerators. I have done well - years ago, and I had times when it didn't, and that was more often in cooler seasons. I learned that I could do just as well and more consistently without it.

AS to other CA's and accelerators - have you tried the GlueBoost line up?

And Happy New Year to you!

KenB259

You have to be 10 or 12 inches away and light quick sprays. Too much or too close and you'll get the results you're experiencing.

jttheclockman

I use that glue all the time and I let air dry and makes for better application because I am in the school of using accelerator just makes it more brittle. With that said I have used the accelerator at times if I really need to get a pen done quickly and as Ken said spray very very lightly from at least a foot away. You will be surprised how that stuff seeks out the CA. I do not the smell of it though.

Top Bottom