Burley Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DaveO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

Not tobacco :D I had some fun with a few burl wood today and here's the results:
Two tone Amboyna -

Copy%20of%20Copy%20of%20Pens%20321.jpg

Another view of the same -

Copy%20of%20Copy%20of%20Pens%20327.jpg

Chechen burl -

Copy%20of%20Copy%20of%20Pens%20319.jpg

Buckeye burl -

Copy%20of%20Copy%20of%20Pens%20318.jpg

And finally one that's neither a cigar nor a burl, but fun to make anyway. Persimmon SL with a Ebony CB accent (to keep it in the family :D) -

Copy%20of%20Copy%20of%20Pens%20330.jpg

Thanks for looking and I would appreciate any critiques that can be offered...good or bad :D
Dave:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Dave,

Those are all very nice - the wood and the pens. You've done a nice job on the photos, too. Were the Buckeye and the Chechen stabilized? I've always found those two particularly punky.

-Barry

DaveO

Originally posted by broitblat
<br />Dave,

Those are all very nice - the wood and the pens. You've done a nice job on the photos, too. Were the Buckeye and the Chechen stabilized? I've always found those two particularly punky.

-Barry

None of the burls were stabilized. I did have to use a good bit of thin CA while turning them, especially the Buckeye.
Thans for your comments [:D]

Dave[:)]

DaveO

Thanks for all the kind comments. I really enjoy working with burl wood. It's a little more of a challenge to turn (non-stabilized) but the results are so unique. Each piece is completely different, and so beautiful. I bought a 3½# Amboyna slab, so I will be having fun with it for a while [:D]

Dave[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom