Buffing Procedure Help Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncboyntx

I have one of Peter's buffing shafts on the way. I know nothing about buffing except it gives a superior finish. Is there a procedure posted on how to buff. I've seen a post that mentions a 3 step process. Any help would be much appreciated. I have searched the forum with no good results.

Don

Fangar

It really depends on what it your buffing. (Plastic, brass, aluminum, CA, etc). For the most part it is all very simliar. The two most common compounds are White Diamond and Tripoli. White Diamond being the least agressive of the two. For the most part, I tread my CA finishes the same as Acrylic (Since they are both plastic). Once through the MM up to 12000, I use white diamond only on one wheel. That is it. Some will use the Tripoli and cut back on the MM sheets. For stoppers and the like, I sand a lot less, then hit the bare wood with Tripoli, then White Diamond. Then I use spray lacquer. You will find a method that works best for you. For other materials like Brass and Aluminu, I have metal polishes that I use on different wheels.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom