"Bubbasville East" Pen Workshop August 12th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

clewless

We had a successful initial meeting last month.:) Here is a reminder for this month's meeting.

To get this started, I’m keeping the format simple:

bring your pens for show and tell, bring stuff to demonstrate, bring pens to turn, bring lunch and a chair. (No dogs or children please.) Depending on the turnout (I have two lathes), we may need folks to bring some equipment too.

Time: 9:30 AM till you’re tired or 5 PM

I will plan on being in my shop on the following dates and hope that some fellow pen turners will join me.

Dates: Saturday, August 12
Saturday, Sept. 9
Saturday, Oct. 14
Add’l. dates to be determined

General location: I am 45 minutes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge, one hour from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Accurate directions available when you decide to come.

Please let me know if you’re interested in coming so we can share your particular skills.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

The next time I will be in the area will be over spring break when I'll be heading that way with a charter bus full of teenagers on our way to NYC. Maybe we could talk about pens while my 45 students clean out your kitchen and take turns in your bathroom? OK, maybe not!

Wish the distance wasn't so big, I would like to stop by one Saturday.[:)]

clewless

Ray,

I spent 15 yrs and the boss spent 38 years in the classroom...bring 'em on[:D][:(!]

We could give them a tour of our neighboring Amish farms and they could see what "real kids" do...

clewless

We'll be looking for you Jason. Tell your wife that the maternity ward is real quiet on Labor Day [:D][:D][}:)][;)] and that wouldn't interfere with your Bubbasville commitment.

Runnin' for cover.

emackrell

Joe, I'll be there Saturday.

If I bring a few slabs of wood, think someone could show me the best way to turn them into pen blanks? I scrounged some nice figured black walnut off a woodworker who made a chair for me. Need to figure out how to show off the wood best. Happy to share the wood with the rest of the Bubbas.

And would you mind re-sending me the directions to your place... my inbox has already auto-archived them into the ether.

cheers Eileen[8D]

clewless

Sure, BIG ROB [:)]will be here and he's an expert, he'll show you his finger tip to prove it[}:)].

Look for directions from the Bay Bridge in your mail box.

Draken

Looks like I'll be able to make the Sept. Bubbasville East meeting. Current plan is just for myself to attend, be glad to demonstrate the PR casting process. Just let me know if I need to bring anything for that. Also, if BigRob is willing, I'd like to bring up two logs to mill on his BS, then head home that evening. Going to be a packed day, hopefully we can fit everything in! Clewless, should I just use the address given in your ORing post to generate directions?

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom