bubbasville chapters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarrell

al, we here at bubbasville are very flattered that y'all think of us that way :)

we are just a bunch a folks who get together from time-to-time and discuss, turn, watch, learn, have fun, trade wood and ideas, and just enjoy ourselves - all about penturning...

--------------------------------
now for the business:

i've worked up a fanchise contract for those who want to start their own official chapter of "bubbasville"...

the trademark is in place, the main bubbasville logo is ready and we will work on chapter sub'logos...soon we will have t-shirts, hats and special "bubbasville tested & approved" turning tools available...

we have a draft of the 'bubbasville chapter' contract and we have the operational guidelines available...plus, we'll even make room on the bubbasville website for chapter operations !!!

we can even assist on "special events" like demonstrations...perhaps we can work up a rotating travel schedule for featured penturners who have great demos to share :)

we are also working on special discounts just for bubbasville members, discounts like 75% off at woodcraft (nationwide; corporate and franchise stores!) and working to get more!!! stay tuned as this facet of being a bubba-penturner develops!

--------------------------

hahahahahahahahaha...i hope everyone does understand, that the above "business stuff" was all said in fun (well mostly)...

btw, there is _NO_ 75% discount at woodcraft for bubbasville members, so don't call them or go by the stores asking about it!!!!

---------------------------

al, there are a few of us that may try to come out if y'all start having get-togethers...

also, i may be in north atlanta week of june 19th for a biz trip...won't have final conformation till early june however...but if y'all are meeting then and in the greater atl area, i'd love to stop in :)

folks, anyone can have penturning get-togethers, we all know this, you just have to do it!

make a plan, put a stake in the ground, invite everyone, and whoever can get there - will...then just have fun with it :)

bubbasville is "successful" only because some folks make it to the "meeting time"...sometimes there is just me, sometimes there is only 2-4 of us, sometimes its a whole herd of folks...but no matter what, we have a good time and generally learn a little something too...thats what makes it all worthwhile!

torne pluma...jeff c, in foat wuth TX

come to the penturners track at the annual texas woodturning symposium - SWAT, 09.29 thru 10.01, for more info goto www.swaturners.com

www.bubbasville.com
www.texaswoodshop.com

Originally posted by DocStram

Everytime I read about bubbasville I get green with envy. I wonder if there is enough interest among the Georgia Penturners to form our own little bubbasville .... right here in Georgia.
</u>

DocStram

Jeff - It was great reading your post. I stopped reading halfway thru when I got to the part about the special 75% WoodCraft discount. Once the customer service lady stopped laughing I realized it was a joke.
I did have several responses to the Georgia Chapter of Bubbasville inquiry. We're pretty spread out distance ways but I'm gonna keep talking about it to see if there is more interest. I see what you're saying about starting small. Even if two of us get together it will be worth it.
I will definitely let you know more as things develop. It would be great if it just so happened that you were in Hotlanta for our first get together!

clewless

-snip
now for the business:

i've worked up a fanchise contract for those who want to start their own official chapter of "bubbasville"...

the trademark is in place, the main bubbasville logo is ready and we will work on chapter sub'logos...soon we will have t-shirts, hats and special "bubbasville tested & approved" turning tools available...

we have a draft of the 'bubbasville chapter' contract and we have the operational guidelines available...plus, we'll even make room on the bubbasville website for chapter operations !!!

we can even assist on "special events" like demonstrations...perhaps we can work up a rotating travel schedule for featured penturners who have great demos to share :)

we are also working on special discounts just for bubbasville members, (snip)stay tuned as this facet of being a bubba-penturner develops!

OK Jeff,[:)]

Please send franchise contracts, and all other paperwork so we can start an east coast chapter of Bubbasville...some of us will be meeting in June and it will be a perfect opportunity to get our chapter underway....also include the $1,000. seed money grant...you can make the check out to me[}:)]

Oh, I forgot...the wives/girlfriends will be there...will that invalidate our request to form the 1st sub-chapter? Or will there also be a non-turner auxillary created...turners gotta eat too![:eek:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom