Brick Pattern

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

For whatever reason, I have never made a brick pattern blank. This is my first attempt and it's looking pretty good to me. Woods are Santos Mahogany, Maple, Zircote and Honduran Rosewood end caps. There's a double barrel Jr series set and one to fit a GT2.

Attachments

• IMG_3916.jpeg
    IMG_3916.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Going to look good once turned for sure. Very exact in layout. One of these days I have to get back into segmenting more. Right now just on a casting trinkets kick. Look forward to seeing finished.

jrista

For whatever reason, I have never made a brick pattern blank. This is my first attempt and it's looking pretty good to me. Woods are Santos Mahogany, Maple, Zircote and Honduran Rosewood end caps. There's a double barrel Jr series set and one to fit a GT2.

Very nice! Love seeing these blanks.

Curious, about how thick are your thinnest layers most of the time? I've been sucked into the world of Woodpecker tools, and they make these really awesome one-offs (expensive, but so very nice). I picked up this thin rip cutting tool, that helps you support very thin rips, down to 1/16th officially, but supposedly can also support down to 1/32nd with hard enough woods. Curious if 1/16th is enough, as I'm not sure I want to try and rip 1/32nd with my limited table saw skills.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice. Many moons ago, I did some; yours look much better for precision and choice of timers. They should be great after turned.

KenB259

Very nice! Love seeing these blanks.

Curious, about how thick are your thinnest layers most of the time? I've been sucked into the world of Woodpecker tools, and they make these really awesome one-offs (expensive, but so very nice). I picked up this thin rip cutting tool, that helps you support very thin rips, down to 1/16th officially, but supposedly can also support down to 1/32nd with hard enough woods. Curious if 1/16th is enough, as I'm not sure I want to try and rip 1/32nd with my limited table saw skills.
The thin strips that make up the spacers on this one are .037 each, giving a total of .111, that is the current kerf of the blade on my table saw.

Top Bottom