Breaking news

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
image000000.jpeg

Does this sound like anybody else besides me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The past 6 months I have been culling my garage and basement stashes of 'leftovers' from the past 30 years. My guideline was if I had not touched it in 15 years - it was gone. This is after cleaning out my Mom's house and my In-Law's house after they each passed in the last few years. We had to throw out/give away/donate/sell so many articles that my wife and I decided to do our kids a favor and do as much of these chores as we could.

But yes... Yesterday I needed a plywood board for an attic chore and I found one that was useful and had barely made the cut to be kept. I still love my much smaller stash of 'leftovers.'

carlmorrell

I gave a box of exotics away yesterday. Worst part is opening it up and having regret. All of the pieces were at least 20 years old. The recipient had never heard of almost every piece. Lucky bastard, must have cost me $200 or 300 20 years ago.

MTViper

A friend of mine decided to go out of the pen turning business. He asked if I'd like to have his pen blanks. Knowing that he bought good stuff, I said sure - next thing I knew I had 32 shoebox sized plastic boxes and a dozen 4x6" drawers from a storage cabinet full of pen blanks. Many were exotics. I have a whole drawer full of bland or unidentifiable blanks I'm going to square up, glue up, and make into cutting boards. Now what am I going to do with the logs I've collected?

Woodchipper

A friend of mine decided to go out of the pen turning business. He asked if I'd like to have his pen blanks. Knowing that he bought good stuff, I said sure - next thing I knew I had 32 shoebox sized plastic boxes and a dozen 4x6" drawers from a storage cabinet full of pen blanks. Many were exotics. I have a whole drawer full of bland or unidentifiable blanks I'm going to square up, glue up, and make into cutting boards. Now what am I going to do with the logs I've collected?
Make more pen blanks, then buy a couple hundred pen kits.

Top Bottom