Breaking barriers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spindlecraft

spindlecraft

I'm super proud of this one, as it represents a significant breakthrough in my skills.

There were a lot of new techniques that I had to employ with this one, just to get it turned. Between making acrylic "plugs", measuring tolerances, and doing a lot of testing – I finally was able to finish a wooden kitless pen.

Buckeye Burl w/ Jowo #6 Nib.

IMG_5558.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5554.jpg
    IMG_5554.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5555.jpg
    IMG_5555.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

I'm super proud of this one, as it represents a significant breakthrough in my skills.

There were a lot of new techniques that I had to employ with this one, just to get it turned. Between making acrylic "plugs", measuring tolerances, and doing a lot of testing – I finally was able to finish a wooden kitless pen.

View attachment 337067
John, let me say, without reservation, that is the most handsome, beautiful, pretty fountain pen - heck, pen - that I have ever seen! I am a collector of sorts of vintage Parkers, and Mont Blancs, and nothing I have nor have seen remotely compares to your pen. I tip my hat, bow and applaud your workmanship and craftmanship! Amazing!

spindlecraft

John, let me say, without reservation, that is the most handsome, beautiful, pretty fountain pen - heck, pen - that I have ever seen! I am a collector of sorts of vintage Parkers, and Mont Blancs, and nothing I have nor have seen remotely compares to your pen. I tip my hat, bow and applaud your workmanship and craftmanship! Amazing!
Wow! What a compliment. Thanks so much for your kind words. It genuinely means a lot!

Reactions: DrD

mnerland

View attachment 337067
Wow, beautiful pen and workmanship. Would have liked to see with cap on. I'm not a kitless maker but truly admire the work involved.

Top Bottom