Bread knife patterns

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cl1237

A coworker asked if I could make them a bread knife. I've never held one in person and so far I'm not pleased with the mock ups I've made. Does anyone have a pattern that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bugradx2

Are you making the knife (steel, handle, pins, et al?) from the ground up or just putting scales on a knife that you've already got?

I'm not a great resource on making the knife from raw steel as I don't have a forge but I have used many of the kits available from Woodcraft over the years and have been very pleasantly surprised with how well they've worked and held up. Another option is to go look at Jantz Supply (knifemaking.com) and browse their selection. They stock everything. I've bought from them in the past too.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

greenacres2

@Monty Your link appears to be to a Conversation instead of a forum post. If true, you will be the only one who can access it. All i get in either of your posts is "The requested conversation could not be found." That would explain why you can see it, but not anyone else. Hope this helps!!

d_bondi

@Monty Your link appears to be to a Conversation instead of a forum post. If true, you will be the only one who can access it. All i get in either of your posts is "The requested conversation could not be found." That would explain why you can see it, but not anyone else. Hope this helps!!

Ditto... I get the same thing.

Attachments

• 1704474464983.png
    1704474464983.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom