Bologna Italy skyline Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

bc82734ea91005db12a44bee4561b057.jpg

902948b0e4613f89d62f759dd0767370.jpg
0c2381ed4c6a0ac902be400926f03b2d.jpg

These are some of my latest hand painted pens I have made recently. These were commissioned for some colleagues who were leaving Italy and moving back to US.

It's been a while since i shared anything here so here we go.

The caballero pen has a black acrylic bottom. I used a wood top and painted it black. Then I painted the skyline on it. Sealed it with a ca finish. It turned out great.

The other pen is a Le Roy Elegant. I used a cherry burl as the base, dyed it red, added the skyline in a gold leaf, and finished it with a couple layers of transparent red paint and sealed it all with a ca finish.

My colleagues loved them.

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful artistry Jon!

I am glad to see you keeping us in your thoughts and still excelling at what we can't :biggrin:!

Carry On My Wayward Friend! We will miss you this weekend at the MPG.

Jontello

Thanks James. I will miss it as well. Really bummed I will not be there. I will just have to keep refining my skills so that when I am back for it maybe in a couple years I can win best of show again. Hope you all have fun. Take many pictures.

stuckinohio

Very nice! And everyone will miss your work at the MPG, that's for sure. Keep us updated on your work for sure.

I'm excited for you to start kitless. I'm sure with your creativity you'll do something really cool.

Lewis

OZturner

Glorious Pens, Jon.
Beautiful Blanks, with your Artistic Skills.
Excellent Choice of Hardware, Superb Fit and Finish.
No Wonder your Associates were Delighted, With these Unique Gifts.
A Magnificent Gesture,
Congratulations,
Brian.

nicolanti

Is that top one the due torri? I spent two weeks there three years ago and loved the city! Beautiful pens. Where were you living in Ohio?

Jontello

Yes the due torri are on there. Good eye! I was in the Akron Canton area. The city here is great but do miss pen turners meetings at Hartville Hardware and also missed the MPG this year!

Top Bottom