Blue Titanium on Orange Plaid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

A couple months back Exotic Blanks had this on "Blue Titanium Diamond Knurl Roller Ball" on sale. I wasn't sure what to pair it with until I cast this new "Orange Plaid" blank. My wife's favorite color is orange and I had made her a Sierra diamond knurl with the orange plaid but because it had subtle blue lines in the pattern I thought I would give the blue titanium a try. I'm glad I bought more than one of these rollerball sets. I often give pens away when others express their like for them. I will be making more like this because I'm keeping this one.

Ed and Dawn will be adding these blanks, along with a couple other new ones, to my line up of "John's Fun Stuff" soon.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Blue Titanium Orange Plaid 2.jpg
    Blue Titanium Orange Plaid 2.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Blue Titanium Orange Plaid.jpg
    Blue Titanium Orange Plaid.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 105
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

I've never been a fan of that blue plating, but your blank has made it very acceptable.
Your blank is exceptional, John.

carlmorrell

I struggle with matching metal to bodies. I have a blue kit I have been struggling with. Thanks for opening my eyes to alternative ideas.

jttheclockman

I too like the blue kit but it does take that right blank to work with it. When they first came out with that color kit I did not think it would play well but have grown to like it for some blanks. Yours works well with it. It might even work well with that one that is I think they call an oily kit. I have not gotten any of those because they are even harder to match up with. here is a couple of my blue kit uses over the years to add to the ideas list for others.

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of IMGP0438.JPG
    Copy of Copy of IMGP0438.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Copy of Copy of IMGP0120.JPG
    Copy of Copy of IMGP0120.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Copy of IMGP0441.JPG
    Copy of IMGP0441.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 43

sorcerertd

That's a great pairing!

I recently finished a blue one with UNC logos on a blue blank, but forgot to take pictures before getting it to the recipient. To be fair, it was a gorgeous day in December and I really wanted to ride the motorcycle, so I packed it up and hand delivered it right away. (I still can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the finished product :( )

NeonWoodShop

Great blank. I saw the blue finish and also wondered what to pair it with. Great ideas. I'm glad I didn't place my EB order last night!

Top Bottom