Blinking Lighthouse Pen Kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Those that have done those blinking lighthouse pen kits, does the light portion come apart to be able to be replaced if need be? Does it have batteries that are replaceable and if not what is the life expectancy of those things? Looking to get a few. Any do's and don'ts or any complaints about the kit. Always a little caution to these gimmick kits. But have a person who this fits great with their theme of their house. Nautical and he is a huge lighthouse fan. Wants one for his grave marker he said. If you care to show examples I would like to see them. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

John; I had a reason to take one of those apart. I did not make a lighthouse though. Most of them use a 3032 or 2035 button cell (like nickel-quarter size) and are replaceable. Verify the one you get is replaceable. It would be pretty easy to put the battery, switch and puck in the lighthouse base and extend the wires to put the light into the top of the light house. YMMV

SpiritRider

I bought one to try, I had to shim the batteries with foil to get it to work and added a o-ring to stop it light. I don't think I will be buying more.

jttheclockman

The good thing is the person I have in mind for this is my brother so will be able to fix if need be. But the problem with these gizmo kits are too many moving parts and you know they will break down. So then your reputation is on the line because also you have to charge good money for the pens. I will get a couple to play around with.

Top Bottom