Blank Swap April 2006! Matches Are Made!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hdbblue

My blanks are in the mail to Indianapolis - now the test is to see if Canada Post and USPS can cooperate to get them there within the 26 day window. Fingers crossed.

mrcook4570

Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Hap...hmm, it's not my birthday, but I just got a box of really nice blanks. Thanks Jim! I really love the heartwood/sapwood blanks.

Johnathan

I hope everyone is working hard getting their blanks sent out. This can and will be fun if no one is left having sent blanks without receiving any. If you signed up, contact your person and get them some blanks!

If anyone is having problems not getting a hold of someone first check your spam controls on your email. I found a couple of emails hiding in there. After that, if you still have a problem, email me. Thanks!

JimGo

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Hap...hmm, it's not my birthday, but I just got a box of really nice blanks. Thanks Jim! I really love the heartwood/sapwood blanks.
Glad you like them Stan! I look forward to seeing some pens from them!!!

Dario

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Mine should have hit Texas by now, but who knows, that state is so damn big [:D]

LOL

Mine left a couple days ago...but not sure when it will actually get to its destination. It may still be IN Texas [:D][}:)] LOL

byounghusband

Hey.... Calling ALWAYS PRACTICING!!!!!

I need to hear from you so I can send your blanks to you. I have sent you two emails and haven't heard back. I hope everything is ok with you!! Talk to me dude!![:D]

BigL

I AM A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan - also known as mrcook4570 - sent me a Great package. I received a cross-cut cocobolo, angle cut sapele, palm and koa. As a new turner, the best part is he sent a handwritten sheet that offered suggestions on how to turn each of these successfully. My wife is also from West Virginia, so he sent two extra blanks that are from his property - a curly maple blank and a spalted oak blank - that are both fantastic. I can't imagine having this wood on your own property. Here in Utah I have aspen and pine trees - I don't see alot of folks talking about their great aspen pens. So, in closing - THANK YOU STAN. You've made this a great experience for me. Lane

JimGo

Originally posted by Dario
<br />
Mine left a couple days ago...but not sure when it will actually get to its destination. It may still be IN Texas [:D][}:)] LOL

I'm anxiously awaiting their appearance Dario, and will let you know the minute they arrive.

mrcook4570

Lane

I am glad to hear that you are happy with the blanks. I was able to narrow my selection down to about a dozen, but couldn't decide from there, so I closed my eyes and grabbed four. Be sure to post pics of the finished pens [:)]

JimGo

They are now in DC (okay, Virginia), and MAN are they sweet! Thank you VERY much! You went WAY above and beyond! There's a lot of new woods to add to my collection - and I thought I had a pretty extensive collection!

Thanks again!

Dario

Russ,

I got my package today...I thought I am the only one who doesn't know how to count [;)]

Thank you for accomodating my "request". LOML is thrilled with the "Snow White" Holly and already counting how many pens she can make out of them LOL.

THANKS!!!!

Dario

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />

They are now in DC (okay, Virginia), and MAN are they sweet! Thank you VERY much! You went WAY above and beyond! There's a lot of new woods to add to my collection - and I thought I had a pretty extensive collection!

Thanks again!

Jim,

I'm glad the package arrived safely and you liked the selection.

I do aim to please [;)][:D]

woodpens

Russ Fairfield - Could you email me regarding what you like and what your address is? If you replied to my private request, it must have been filtered. Thanks!

guts

Jim15,got the blanks today,thanks much nice stuff all the way around,ravenbsp(bryan) got yours in the mail today,hope you enjoy.

byounghusband

Fuzzydog,
Got the package in the mail today. THANK YOU!!!!! I have never even heard of Apiitong. It looks interesting as does the Iron Bark, which feels quite dense. Sharp tool I'm sure.
That Koa is amazing!! And the DI is beautiful. Thanks for the added corion and the cocobolo. Those skinnier pieces are just right for a lonely piece of Pink Ivory that I have not known what to do with. Now I need to come up with something wild for those!!
Thanks Man, you ROCK!![:D][:D][:D]

splinter99

Trying to get in touch with Jerry Adams..sent two emails through pen IAP..not sure if you got them..hope everything is ok..need your adderess to send you blanks

splinter99

got my blanks from obak today..x cut red palm, eucliptus burrel, red oak burrel, and some curly koa..cant wait to try them all..thanks glen

Nolan

Got my blanks from jssmith3 and cool new stuff!! I will have to post pics when I get time. Antler sure does stink when you square it up on the table saw!!! I thought I was gonna loss lunch. Thanks again hope we can do this more often.
Nolan

woodpens

I received my pen blanks from Micah today! Very nice!
2 Purpleheart (requested)
Mango
Desert Ironwood with heartwood & sapwood
Red Hala? Looks like as light red palm
Afzelia Xylay

Great deal! Thanks, Micah.

fhinde

Hey Dale, those are some beautiful blanks. I have never seen a prettier Birdseye hickory as this one. Thanks man!!

He did send me curly maple, bird's eye maple, spalted maple, black locust and walnut in addition to the hickory! All are great blanks. I did request that he send me local woods as I already have a large supply of exotic blanks.

Have you noticed that most people are sending more then the four blanks! What a great group!

Fred in TN

hdbblue

Got my blanks today from realgenius - Thanks Debra, it seems that a lot of us are lacking in basic math skills - I keep on counting these blanks and I seem to get more than four every time I count. I really like the black palm even though you say you don't like to turn it and the Sapele looks really nice too. The Salt Cedar and the apricot and the wormy maple all look like they'll make nice pens. I got my order of TSW from Rob today too so I best get out to the shop and see what I can turn out.

Harvey (six foot but not a rabbit)[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom