Blades I love and buy every 1/2 years

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

No jointer, no problem with the glue line rip as long as you get your saw adjusted to exactly 90 degrees.

Attachments

• BB66BD90-4785-4556-B808-48D685B4A82E.jpeg
    BB66BD90-4785-4556-B808-48D685B4A82E.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 7AA23D4A-499E-4C57-B2B5-29E0BBDB6359.jpeg
    7AA23D4A-499E-4C57-B2B5-29E0BBDB6359.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 96
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

Any reason you don't have them sharpened rather than buying new?
I tried Woodcraft for sharpening and was disappointed. Then I tried a very competent shop (Daily Saw) in South Gate that covers two full city blocks sharpens blades for the meat cutting industry. They sharpen everything too for the commercial wood working industry there too. I took Forrest and Freud blades there. All their operations are computer controlled and take 12-20 hours. I spent $20-$30 per blade. New blades are $60. The difference is night and day to me. I need good blades not so so blades because I sell stuff. At $30/year to $60/year the new blades just work for my shop.

I tried sharpening carbide too and new carbide from Arizona Carbide works better and has an attractive price point.

As with anything- for you another direction might work better.

Last edited:

Curly

Fair enough. I understand the economics for you. There are two places in this city that sharpen blades. One does a very good job and the other not so much. :mad: I gave them a Forrest blade to do and they changed all the cutting angles and in doing so reduced the diameter an eight of an inch shortening the life of the blade a lot. I would send my Forrest blades back to the factory but the exchange and cost of mailing over the border kills it for me.

rherrell

Here's a tip Mark...
There's no need to get the blade to exactly 90 degrees, set up your boards and mark the top on each one, then rip one side face up and one side face down. In fact, if you want more gluing surface you can set the blade at 45 degrees if you want, as long as you rip one side up and one side down the two cuts will equal 90 degrees.

BTW, Freud is the only blade I buy, great performance for relatively little money.

mmayo

Here's a tip Mark...
There's no need to get the blade to exactly 90 degrees, set up your boards and mark the top on each one, then rip one side face up and one side face down. In fact, if you want more gluing surface you can set the blade at 45 degrees if you want, as long as you rip one side up and one side down the two cuts will equal 90 degrees.

BTW, Freud is the only blade I buy, great performance for relatively little money.
Yes but you have remember to flip every other board or one side will have gaps.

Top Bottom