Black and Red Sloth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chriscb

Afternoon all, During the last lockdown here in the UK I've taken up the Kitless pen challenge. Little afraid of showing the pen here, given all of the stunning creations gracing these pages, but hey, it's a learning process that (after a few disasters) I'm finally becoming more confident in.

Herewith find my Sloth pen - turned from Black and Red swirly ebonite, with an ebonite section and a black Bock #6 (F) nib. Oh - and a Sloth rollstop in the cap. Capped 137.2 mm, uncapped 129.3 mm, section 26.43. Barrell diameter 15.42 mm taper to 13.08 mm at the cap.

Be honest with any critiques you give, as that's the only way to improve.

Thanks.

Chriscb

210310_br ebonite sloth.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very admirable job on that pen !!!!!

I like the overall styling !!!

I especially like the continuous diameter .... body, cap the same where they come together !!!!

Where did you buy that Ebonite, please ? . . I really like it and would like to get some.

Chriscb

Very admirable job on that pen !!!!!

I like the overall styling !!!

I especially like the continuous diameter .... body, cap the same where they come together !!!!

Where did you buy that Ebonite, please ? . . I really like it and would like to get some.
Thanks. I'm still working on the shape and dimensions. Doesn't quite sing to me yet. Feel like the cap ought to be just a little shorter. The ebonite was sourced from https://www2.theturnersworkshop.co.uk/shop/pen-blanks/ebonite-hard-rubber.html

Chriscb

Top Bottom