Billards / Pool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

EPC

Any pool players out there that has turned their own pool cue? If so, post pics of your sticks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EPC

Paul,

That would be greatly appreciated. I love playing pool but have always been too cheap to buy a decent stick. I go with the Wal-mart special for $14.99.

Even though I only have a midi lathe, I think I could easily adapt it make a pool cue.

its_virgil

Check out this:
http://home.stx.rr.com/n5wrx/

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by EPC
<br />Paul,

That would be greatly appreciated. I love playing pool but have always been too cheap to buy a decent stick. I go with the Wal-mart special for $14.99.

Even though I only have a midi lathe, I think I could easily adapt it make a pool cue.

Paul in OKC

Here is a link to a cue I made the patterns for. He usually gives me a rough idea of what he wants and I draw it up to scale, then machine the pattern.
http://www.camcustomcues.com/cues.asp

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />The guy on the web site has some pretty sophisticated equipment. It looks like he made the lathes himself.

Most of them come from a company called unique products. A friend of mine has the Cue Monster, a cnc machine. Another has one of the taper machines.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />The guy on the web site has some pretty sophisticated equipment. It looks like he made the lathes himself.

Most of them come from a company called unique products. A friend of mine has the Cue Monster, a cnc machine. Another has one of the taper machines.

OK, that's interesting. I noted that he had a cue going through the hollow spindle of his machine lathe. I have tried turning one-piece (36") canes without success. These ranged from 1/2" to 1" diameter. Even with a center steady rest, they were just too 'whippy' for turning. He uses the hollow spindle and two-part construction to get a solid turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom