Bigger thread sizes??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi guys, I have a quick question.

I have been making my kitless pens with 12 mm threads, both single (12x.75) and triple start. I want to get into exploring some bigger sizes, especially 14mm. Most of the work I see that uses a 14 mm thread for the body and the cap is triple start. I was wondering if there is a single start alternative.

The readily available 14 mm tap is the M14x1, or the M14x1.5. Would the pitch of these be too coarse? If so, is a triple start M14x0.8 the only option?

thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wimkluck

Hi guys, I have a quick question.

I have been making my kitless pens with 12 mm threads, both single (12x.75) and triple start. I want to get into exploring some bigger sizes, especially 14mm. Most of the work I see that uses a 14 mm thread for the body and the cap is triple start. I was wondering if there is a single start alternative.

The readily available 14 mm tap is the M14x1, or the M14x1.5. Would the pitch of these be too coarse? If so, is a triple start M14x0.8 the only option?

thanks!!
Go and see the site of HBM in the Netherlands. There is a compleet set of taps and dies https://www.hbm-machines.com/nl/p/hbm-110-delige-tap-en-snijset-metrisch-11-117-001. It is not the best Quality but for woods and plastics it will do. They have also the single set from Volkel witch are good quality.
Veel succes!

its_virgil

guitarchitect

i recently got a single start M13x0.75 tap and die set off amazon - it's not a split die so it's going to be interesting to see how well it works and how long it lasts. They're currently in stock at Victor, unfortunately M14x0.75 are out... but there's lots on Amazon. I like the look of the 0.75mm a bit better than the 1mm

Top Bottom