See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Ok here is a pen I made from the score I told about in this thread
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1799
It is a Berea Perfect Fit Convertable... my favorite kit to make and becoming my best selling kit.. it is just about a tie between this kit and the Cigar kits with the larger Euros that use a Parker refill coming in third... Too bad I can't get these kits for the same price I pay for Cigars.. LOL..
The scan does not do this pen justice... it is actually a lot better looking in person... I am definately going to have to set up a photo booth for my pens soon...
Finish on this pen is 2 coats of "President's Choice" (GEE I wonder where that name came from.. LOL) over CA that was sanded to 12000 MicroMesh... super high gloss... sweet stuff, I might actually wave some of the moths out of my wallet and buy some.
20041118164531_MikeMaple.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

That's the kind of wood that really makes you want to hurry and get the finish on. Beautiful wood, beautiful pen. Nice work Griz!!!!!!

PenWorks

That's a beauty Tom. I like that kit as well, seems to have a real smooth mechanism. Only Wayne & Ed have that photo taking down to where their pens look as good in a photo.But that shows up real nice for a scan! Anthony

Gary Max

Great looking pen Tom.
Right now I am still doing the cigar kit trying to get a inventory built up--but watching you I see I will have to add other kits.

jkirkb94

I am still hoping to have the "President's Choice" finish available to the rest of us ASAP. I keep hearing about it and I am still looking for the best finish. Tom, your pen looks great. I need to work some more with my big leaf maple to see if I can get it to look this good. Kirk [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom