Best Signature

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

If we have enough prizes, we could squeeze this out at the last minute pretty easy. But I think it depends on allocation of the prizes. How would we run it - nominations like the article contest? Or should we just let people post their signature line on a forum, and have a panel of judges decide? What do you think?

Scott.

DocStram

Maybe you're referring to the suggestion I made about the funniest signature line. It was just a passing thought. Seems to me there was a follow up from Scott about having people nominate the funniest signature line and then it gets voted on or something like that.

Scott

I have made up a sample of what the rules could look like for this contest. Here is the first part:

Best Signature Line

This is a contest for the best signature line an IAP member uses for their posts here. The idea is generally to find the funniest signature line through a process of nomination and voting.

The first part of the contest will consist of nominating your favorite signature line. This must be an actual signature line used by an IAP member at some point in time. Yes, this means you can make one up now and use it, and it qualifies. Nominate your favorite by posting it in this forum, with the name of the IAP member who used it. To make it interesting, nominations must be from an IAP member other than the one who belongs to the signature line being nominated. So you can’t nominate your own signature line!

This nomination phase will be open from (date and time) to (date and time). At the conclusion of the nominations, I will post the entries in a new forum, and voting will take place by means of E-Mail.

Now start nominating!

And here is the second part:

Best Signature Line

The nominations are in! The best signature lines for IAP members are listed below, with a letter next to them. Place your vote by listing the letters of your favorite three signature lines in an E-Mail, and send to this address: (E-Mail address) Entries will be accepted from (date and time) until (date and time). Winners will be announced on (date and time). Your votes for your favorites do not have to be in order, just vote for your favorite three!

Start voting! (E-Mail address)

What do you think? It's really not a complex contest to run. I figure we would need six prizes, first, second, and third for the winners, and prizes for the three who nominated them.

Scott.

Top Bottom