Bespoke Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

erichardson

Here are a few bespoke pen blanks for your viewing and purchasing pleasure. These are 3/4" x 8.75" and are cast in Alumilite. Four are black and red (Black Heart) and the other four are blue with a blue/red duo mix. They are 14.00 each plus shipping listed at www.etsy.com/shop/appalachiaturnings
09AA5DF4-4DE5-4D90-8409-2574830CBC61.jpeg
BA1D8518-8A95-4880-ABC3-F217181BB284.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hokie

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a bespoke pen? I looked on google but didn't really find an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
It's another term for a "kitless" pen... meant to imply it is custom or unique, not a run of the mill kit. The extra length of the blanks allows for a body, cap, and section to be made from the same material. I usually see the use of the word "bespoke" associated with custom made items in the UK, but I see it used in the penmaking community more and more these days.

KenB259

It's another term for a "kitless" pen... meant to imply it is custom or unique, not a run of the mill kit. The extra length of the blanks allows for a body, cap, and section to be made from the same material. I usually see the use of the word "bespoke" associated with custom made items in the UK, but I see it used in the penmaking community more and more these days.

Thanks for the info. Looking it up, all I could find were about pens from England. Thanks again.

hokie

Thanks for the info. Looking it up, all I could find were about pens from England. Thanks again.

Even Turner's Warehouse and Exotic Blanks' websites are using the term "Bespoke" now. I think it's chosen to distance the custom pen craft away from kits and maybe to seem a bit fancier and elite. Who knows. One other thought is that bespoke is a word more people will be familiar with (and is in the dictionary) and kitless is really a term used more in the pen turning community and wouldn't really register with an ordinary Joe. Maybe I'm over-analyzing it. Haha

sfallsguy

Even Turner's Warehouse and Exotic Blanks' websites are using the term "Bespoke" now. I think it's chosen to distance the custom pen craft away from kits and maybe to seem a bit fancier and elite. Who knows. One other thought is that bespoke is a word more people will be familiar with (and is in the dictionary) and kitless is really a term used more in the pen turning community and wouldn't really register with an ordinary Joe. Maybe I'm over-analyzing it. Haha
In other words, meant to impress rather than express.

John

Top Bottom