Berea instruction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Alfred,
Thanks for the heads up! They have done a great job organizing all the instruction sheets. Their website looks different than it used to as well.

Don't want to hijack this thread but I'd like to know if anyone has tried their stabilized dyed BEB? Do they have fairly consistent color from blank to blank and are the fairly straight?

Hi Ron,

You can see some photos of the dyed BEB which have been turned on Sierra pens at http://www.beartoothwoods.com/sierra/ .

I have been very pleased with how straight they are and the extent of the color penetration.

Granted that is the seller answering, but the photos of the blanks are representative of the blanks, and the photos of the kits with the blanks show the penetration.

Thank you.

Ernie

JimGo

Thanks for the note Alfred! Ernie, thank you VERY much for making them available. The inability to access the instructions once I've lost them (happens more often than I'd like to admit) is one of the reasons I've been reluctant to buy too many different Berrea kits.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks for this link and post. Thanks to BTWoods for doing this too. This is a great help.

I am trying to figure out where I want to go in pen making, or just make a few of everything as I feel the whim. Keeping a set of instructions on my computer is a lot easier than keeping everything organized in a disorganized shop that is without a filing cabinet.

Thanks again.

wayneis

For what its worth, I have a three ring binder for each company and that is where I keep all of my instructions. I have each instruction page in a clear plastic page, works great.

Wayne

Originally posted by leehljp
<br />Thanks for this link and post. Thanks to BTWoods for doing this too. This is a great help.

I am trying to figure out where I want to go in pen making, or just make a few of everything as I feel the whim. Keeping a set of instructions on my computer is a lot easier than keeping everything organized in a disorganized shop that is without a filing cabinet.

Thanks again.

Ron Mc

Ernie,
You don't happen to have a picture of a completed pen consisting of the Blue Dyed BEB somewhere on the site do you?
Thanks for the info.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wayneis
<br />For what its worth, I have a three ring binder for each company and that is where I keep all of my instructions. I have each instruction page in a clear plastic page, works great.

Wayne

Sure, it works until you loose the binder(s) in the junk in your shop! DAMHIKT!!!![:(!][:(!]

Hi Ron,

This pen:

http://beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=30

has the blue dyed BEB. This batch has some blanks that are blue/green in it as well. I believe I only have a couple of the blue green blanks left. The rest are blue. I'd say more of a light blue.

If you let me know what you want, I can see if I have it.

Thank you.

Ernie

DocStram

Thanks for letting us know. I also keep all directions in a three ring binder with plastic sleeves to protect the pages. Not only is it fast for finding directions but the notebook, at times, serves as a step stool.

bobkeyes

Dear Alfred,

Just for information all the Berea Instructions and others are on line at http://www.peninstructions.com . More are being added all the time. I know because I write all the Berea Instructions. If you, or others, have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

We are working on instructions called "Instructapix" which will have video clip included with the instructions showing each operation. I hope to start adding these in the next few months. Here is a link to a short sample. http://www.peninstructions.com/Sample.htm .I'd like comments on the concept and I hope the link works.

Originally posted by arioux
<br />Hi,

Just in case many of you did not notice, Beartoothwood now has the Berea kits assembly instruction on-line in his FAQ section.

Here is the link

http://beartoothwoods.com/catalog/faq.php

I have no affiliation with them, just think this is usefull information to share since i never saw those instruction on-line before

Have a nice day

Alfred

Alfred

mrcook4570

My I ask what is the advantage to paying for the instructions as opposed to downloading them for free from other sites, or simply requesting a copy from the manufacturer?

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Don't want to hijack this thread
Well, you did, didn't you? [:eek:)] Could have started a new one I suppose [;)]
but I'd like to know if anyone has tried their stabilized dyed BEB? Do they have fairly consistent color from blank to blank and are the fairly straight?
This is not the supplier ;-) I've not had that much luck with the color penetration... but the colors are very good. I've had the deepest red I've seen in the areas that WERE penetrated. Unfortunately, it's very uneven. Some for other colors - good color, but very uneven. It can give a nice effect, but the blanks seem unpredictable. If you want to make segmented stuff out of the (whatever gave me that idea?) you'll fet lots of surprises I think.. What I've seen was very straight.

bobkeyes

#1-When the site started there were no other choices to download instructions.
#2-The instructions are rewritten and we think clearer than say the "old" Berea instructions.
#3-The new Instructapix instructions are like a mini course in pen turning with the video clips embedded.
#4-We will have most instructions available on one site for easy access.

Did you look at the sample? What do you think about it?

Bob

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />My I ask what is the advantage to paying for the instructions as opposed to downloading them for free from other sites, or simply requesting a copy from the manufacturer?

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by bobkeyes

Did you look at the sample? What do you think about it?
Bob

I think that I will stick with the 'free' downloads.[:D] Good concept if (lack)of access were more of an issue. I'll just use my (saved)cash to buy another pen kit.[;)]

-Peter-

woodwish

I understand your reasoning for the site, and I agree that some manufacturers instructions could use some cleaning up. However, paying for instructions to a pen is like buying a new car and then having pay for the keys to a third party. If I buy a pen kit that I can't figure out, or lose the instructions [:I], then I hope some member of this site would gladly help me out (or one of the other free sites). Isn't that one of goals of this group? Will someone soon open a site with pen pix that they have to pay to see? Good luck with your project but I'm with Peter on this one. [8D]

fuzzydog

Bob, I tried to look at the sample but it locked up my system so badly that I had to shut down my browser to get control again. I'll wait a few months and hope that you repost the link when you've completed your project.

KenV

Bob -- I think I recognized the pen vise as one from OK.

Looks like a good support for the new penturner --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom