Basket Illusion Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Been a while since I've posted a pen but this idea has been in the category of is it possible for a while. I've admired many of the basket illusion bowls and platters but it took a while to find what pattern might work on a pen. Think I found one. Blank was first turned proud of bushings, lines carved on my CNC with a .6mm bit (the smallest I had on hand), blank flooded with black acrylic paint, sanded to final diameter to leave just the lines black, and then painted pattern with acrylic paint using tooth pick. A little hard on the eyes, but a great time killer when bored during pandemic. Spray acrylic finish.

Basket Illusion 1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That came out great. Lots of skill went into that from many aspects. I too always admired those that did the basket weave bowls and plates. Front page work and needs to be there for sure. Thanks for showing. You will get alot of likes on this one.

KJA

Been a while since I've posted a pen but this idea has been in the category of is it possible for a while. I've admired many of the basket illusion bowls and platters but it took a while to find what pattern might work on a pen. Think I found one. Blank was first turned proud of bushings, lines carved on my CNC with a .6mm bit (the smallest I had on hand), blank flooded with black acrylic paint, sanded to final diameter to leave just the lines black, and then painted pattern with acrylic paint using tooth pick. A little hard on the eyes, but a great time killer when bored during pandemic. Spray acrylic finish.

View attachment 245469
That is so cool. Very, very nice

Top Bottom