BASH Puzzle #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #3 is now ready. This is a Word Search Puzzle - its theme is SHOP TIME.

Your challenge is to find the words hidden in the mass of letters that fit the theme.

Here are the rules:
1. General IAP Contest rules and the General BASH Puzzle rules apply
2. You must send your entry to iap.puzzles@gmail.com
3. One entry per person and one guess per entry. Be sure to put Puzzle #3 in the Subject Line and include your real name and IAP user name in the subject text along with your list of words.
4. There are somewhere between 25-30 words in the puzzle that fit the theme. Get at least 20 of them right and you will earn 1 point toward the overall Puzzle Prize total. Find them all and you will earn 2 points. Part of the challenge of earning 2 points is that you don't know exactly how many words are in the puzzle.
5. Please ALPHABETIZE your list of words!
6. Banter is expected and encouraged, but DO NOT post any hints or real guesses in this thread.
7. This contest will close at noon Central Time on Tuesday Feb 11
8. In addition to earning a point or two toward the grand prizes, each correct entry will also be entered into a drawing for one or more individual puzzle prizes

HINTS and NOTES:
1. All words that fit the theme are at least 4 letters long. Do not include any words with less than 4 letters in your entry.
2. All words are singular
3. Words may be arranged horizontally, vertically, or diagonally and may be spelled forward or backward.
4. There may be some valid random words in the puzzle. You will not get any credit, nor will you be penalized, for finding any such words that do not fit the theme of this puzzle. You can include them in your entry if you aren't certain, they just won't get counted.
5. I suggest that you copy the puzzle to your computer and print it out, then mark it up however you want to find the words. Do not send in your marked up puzzles - just send an alphabetized list of the words you find.

Good luck, have fun, and let me know if you have any questions

Edgar

Shop Time.jpg
Shop Time.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Just a reminder - all of the valid words in this puzzle are singular and at least 4 letters in length.

Acronyms don't count either. You won't get penalized for acronyms or plurals, but they won't help you get to the 20 minimum words that you need in order to earn a point.

elyk864

I found over 50, but obviously not all of them were turning terms. But he said you won't be penalized for finding more. Don't want to miss out on anything.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I found over 50, but obviously not all of them were turning terms. But he said you won't be penalized for finding more. Don't want to miss out on anything.

Three letter words and plurals are a waste of time and typing, but any singular tense word that is 4 letters or longer that fits the theme of the puzzle will count toward the minimum 20 words required to earn one point. Words that clearly don't fit the theme will not be counted.

However, to get 2 points, you have to find all of the words (somewhere between 25-30) that I put in the puzzle. Finding more is fine, but you have to find everything in my list to get the 2 point award.

Dehn0045

If my math is right (and it very likely is not), there are only 9100 possible word combinations (4 to 16 letters). Better start typing....

Last edited:

elyk864

Three letter words and plurals are a waste of time and typing, but any singular tense word that is 4 letters or longer that fits the theme of the puzzle will count toward the minimum 20 words required to earn one point. Words that clearly don't fit the theme will not be counted.

However, to get 2 points, you have to find all of the words (somewhere between 25-30) that I put in the puzzle. Finding more is fine, but you have to find everything in my list to get the 2 point award.
Everything I sent over was 4 or more letters. Though I think 3 or 4 words were plural versions (kinda).

Top Bottom