Bash Calendar and Crew Assignments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks, Al. Here is the latest of each.

Thanks Ed, for your proof reading. The New and Improved Calendar and Bash Crew attachments are posted below in post #10

Attachments

• 2009 Bash Calendar.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 2009 BASH CREW.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Questions:

Hoping Andrew will allow us to help, I have constructed a prize award calendar. The "Best New Article" contest starts on the second, I don't see a date that it gets awards.

The "pen & Penturner" starts the second, don't see it's awards date.

Andrew, may I beseech you to allow Dawn and I to help. IF you want to do most of it - you do the Daily trivia and allow us to do the rest. That is, amazingly, about half and half. (Actually, you STILL will be doing more than the TWO of us) Remember, the fiance will be there AFTER the BASH and YOU don't want to be on HER **** list!!! (This part of the forum is NOT a family site!!)

PLEASE LET US HELP!!!!!

And Cav, please clarify ending dates on these events when you get a chance.

I can post my spreadsheet for prizes if anyone wants it, when this is cleared up.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Doing a minor amount of research, I see each Daily Trivia awarded 2 prizes last year, if we continue that trend, I'd be happy to take half of THEM, too Andrew!!!

You do week 1, I'll do week 2, you do 3 and I'll do 4??????

OK???

Dario

Ed,

I now see how you got Dawn. I also would hate to be one of your customers. :eek: I'd say yes right away just so you won't hound me LOL. :biggrin:

You're worse than a pit bull's bite man! (in a good way):tongue:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Once you are a CUSTOMER, there's no need to hound you.

It's when you are a PROSPECT that I get to know you pretty well.

Old joke:

Guy is about to die, has lived a good life, so he sees God in advance and God says, "Do you want to come to heaven or go to hell?" The guy asks if he can visit and RETURN. God says, "Sure" and shows him around heaven. All the gold and staid reverence is nice.

So, he goes to visit hell and there's a party going on. Everyone having a great time, fabulous energy, welcomed and shown around by the devil personally. "WOW" he thinks, "This place has really gotten a bad rep for no reason -- HHHmmmmm!"

So, he goes back to earth and dies a couple days later. When he again meets God, He asks, "Do you want to come to heaven or go to hell?" The man says that hell is really more his style and can he go there? God reminds him this is an eternal, unchangeable decision. But the man decides the party is great, and goes to hell.

Upon arrival, there is what we have all come to expect in hell - souls suffering, great pain, unhappiness, nothing good.

He spots the devil coming by and asks him, "HEY, what happened to the party and all the neat stuff that was happening before??"

The devil looks him in the eye and says calmly, "THEN, you were a PROSPECT ------NOW, you are a CUSTOMER!!"

And you'll remember this little story in about a year, if you deal with MY competition.
Good luck!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Hi Ed,

If you really want to help, I don't mind at all...remember that I have an inbox full of emails from vendors, however, so I'll have to respond to them with the name and address of the winners...so I don't know that the week to week thing will work.

I've never been good at delegating, so I'm open to suggestions about how this might work...If you want to compile the addresses of the winners, maybe? Either that, or take some of the member-to-member ones?

At the very least, I'll start making a list of the contact information of the vendors I've been in touch with, so that it'll be on file somewhere in case my computer has issues during the bash.

One other thing: There are a few options for prize distribution. We could:
1. Award prizes as they are won, sending the info out daily to the sponsors
2. Award prizes weekly, with a bit of pomp and circumstance
3. Award all prizes in a giant posting at the end of the bash

My preference is for 1 or 2...if I'm even making sense. I'm fasting for a cholesterol test, so no coffee for me yet! Going in at 1, so I'll be pounding coffee for the rest of the afternoon! :)

I promise I'll be more coherent tomorrow!

Andrew

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andrew,

THANKS!!!

First - you're still young. When you get older and wiser you will schedule cholesterol tests for first thing in the morning. I did that "without coffee till noon" routine --only ONCE!! - NOW, the test is at 8 am, or I won't take it!! They schedule me for 8.

We can work out the details. I can "fetch" info from the winners and make it neat, you can contact the supplier and arrange shipping. That's fine - jus seems it will be easier if I can arrange the info for you and give it to you to pass along, without hitches.

I will pm you my phone and we can work this out (still have a couple weeks).

Is there anything I can do to help GET the prizes??? (again the phone may work better - early next week, after your coffee!!!)

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
New Calendar and Crew Updates, Thanks, Ed.

Everyone please check and see if the dates I have posted are acceptable to your plans.

BASH CREW
Best New Article – Mudder
Most Members Online – KeithKarl2007
Best Product Review – DocStram
Pen and Pen Turners Match – Byounghusband
Liars Club – Melogic
Blank ID – Wdcav1952
Daily Trivia – Dntrost, Fiferb, Randy
Ugly Pen Contest – Scott
New Turner Pen Contest – Firefyter-emt
Club Collaboration Contest – Dario
Pen Photography Contest – MesquiteMan
Slim Line Contest – Davinci27
Prize Coordination – Maxwell smart007
Prize Delivery Coordination – Ed4Copies & PR_Princess
Donation Drawing – Jeff

Attachments

• 2009 Bash Calendar.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 120

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
I think the prize gathering is well in hand, Ed, unless you can think of any places that I should add to the list...I've gone through my list of potential vendors, but I'm sure there are a few I haven't thought of.

If it turns out later on that we need more prizes, I might need you to cheer-lead a bit in the request posting; but as of right now, I haven't a clue how many more prizes we need; I imagine more will come trickling in as time passes, but we've only received about six volunteers from the posting William made.

It's nice to have a few back-up prizes as well, in case we think of something later on that requires a prize. We had to give out a few extra to the Trivia contest last year, I think.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Andrew,

When I counted the "boxes" (each contest had the appropriate number of boxes for the prizes we plan to award) and found there were 73 plus the "open contests" (No box -date and number of prizes were unknown), I was really overwhelmed. It certainly CAN and WILL get done and you, obviously, did it last year - so I am NOT QUESTIONING your ABILITY!!! Merely trying to keep you out of divorce court, BEFORE the wedding. In fifty percent of the marriages, that comes later anyhow, but I don't want the IAP to be the REASON!!!

I will talk with you next week and we can clarify HOW I can be of greatest USE to you. Oh, and Dawn and I are thinking probably 5 - gift certificates for the web site ($40-50 each) What does BearTooth do? He's had a couple years experience, probably a good model to follow.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Didn't take that long, as it turns out. Last Year, he offered:
1 - $100
2 - $ 50
10 - $ 20

This year, I don't know what he'll give...but he just about sponsored the whole trivia contest last year!

And don't worry about me thinking that you're questioning my abilities...I'm not vain, just a silly workhorse at times...but the real question is Am I stupid enough to do it TWICE. You've convinced me that I shouldn't, so I'm on board for sharing the job!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK then www.exoticblanks.com will donate any combination of 25 and 50 you would like, to add up to $250. This way if you need bigger prizes, take the 50's (I'll bet you didn't need to be advised on this, did you???)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As I read Lou's offering, he can also be split into as many as you need. Hopefully, this flexibility will make your task a LITTLE easier.

So, How is your cholesterol???

My doctor got mad at me when I asked, he said I was "Revoltingly healthy"!! I think that meant mine was BETTER that HIS>

I'm 60, think he was about 40!

Scott

Hey Ed! How many "boxes" did you put next to the Ugly Pen Contest? Last year I think we gave out fifteen prizes (five categories, three prizes for each category). Of course they don't need to be great prizes! As a matter of fact, it is fitting that they be UGLY prizes! I'll try to get the rules for my contest up in it's allotted area later today.

Scott.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bash prizes

Bash prizes spreadsheet is attached. I know it will change, but those who are interested may want to look, so here it is.

It is in .xls format right now (Excel 2003 and prior, not vista) Will convert to PDF for final, but I know this will change.

EDIT: Delete is not an option - will reformat and post, since .xls is ALSO not an option.

Sorry

Last edited:

melogic

Looks good to me Ed. I opened it up just fine.
Do we have any idea as to what the prizes will be in each spot yet? or do we need more prizes?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am only the ASSISTANT!!!

BUT, we always need more prizes and IF I can help Andrew in any way, this will be ONE way. IF I ask for stuff on the forum, I tend to get a pretty good reply. BUT, its weeks away. Andrew is confident and did a GREAT job last year. PANIC NOT!! But stand ready to assist???

As was said about me recently, "Clear as Mud???"

DocStram

Andrew and Ed ..... you guys are doing a wonderful job with the prizes! Absolutely terrific.

See Cav? I was right! I told you that Andrew and Ed weren't a couple of lazy good for nothings!!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
We're probably in the 70ish range for prizes so far, but there are a lot of maybes and deliberaters that should bump that up a fair bit.

So as long as I find a few more on top of that, and/or a few members step up and offer a box or two, I don't foresee much problem reaching that 90 mark quite handily...

But then again, I'm an English/History teacher, so math isn't my strong suit. If we're still running low near the end of the month, I'll ask Ed to bump up his post count a bit with some cheerleading/canvassing in the forum proper!

As far as divvying up the prizes into their respective contests, let's wait until all the feet-draggers have responded. Jeff will get first crack at choosing, as he needs some high ticket items for the donation drawing.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
But then again, I'm an English/History teacher, so math isn't my strong suit. If we're still running low near the end of the month, I'll ask Ed to bump up his post count a bit with some cheerleading/canvassing in the forum proper!

Please don't mention this. Every time someone says something about MY post count, Cav goes on a TYPING STREAK!!! We don't want to see THAT happen!!!

Scott

Hi Guys!

In my experience, if you need more prizes, all you have to do is ask! The members of IAP are quite generous! 90 should be no problem.

Scott.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
We're rolling now Scott, so let's wait on begging for more...donations are still trickling in, and we have Nolan, Ernie at Beartooth, and CSUSA still deliberating; they should each be good for a few prizes, I'd guess...

I don't think we'll have any problems. Hopefully we'll have enough to make the donation drawing take Jeff a whole evening! (and if you draw my name again this year, I expect a prize this time!) :wink:

Top Bottom