BASH AWARD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

What about a "giving back" thing. The people nominated can cover a wide range of things, from the person that is a huge organizer for the turn for troops, to a person that gives a lot of demos for free, to the guy that goes to local scouts and shows them how to turn, to a shop teacher. People write an essay (with a limit on length) on who they nominate and why they deserve it.

The NFL has the Walter Peyton award, and I think this award could be named after a person that has contributed to the penmaking community and is no longer with us. I don't have anyone in mind, but a plaque that is for the "John Doe Penturner of the year presented by IAP" would be a huge honor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That sort would not be fair. There have been some big time contributors that have graced these pages. They have each in their own ways contributed to the site that we currently enjoy. Many times they get overlooked and being fewer and fewer of the original and old timer members here their legacy does seem to fade. I really did not want to once again bring this up but it is relevant to your posting, I have on numerous occassions tried to get a Hall of Fame forum started here to honor these people. I will not do it again for I took so much heat it is not worth it for me. But somewhere on this site there should be a place where names such as you mentioned should be archived. As I said the history of this site does seem to fade each and every year as the old time members move on or basically move on. Being recognized by your peers is something that should not be taken lightly. Having a place to come and read the history of this site and to see some of the names and maybe attach a pen or two with their names would be huge in my eyes. I think at one time there was a thread and it still maybe documented here that states the history of this site. Maybe someone can point this out again. Just some thoughts. :)

Last edited:

lyonsacc

That sort would not be fair. There have been some big time contributors that have graced these pages. They have each in their own ways contributed to the site that we currently enjoy. Many times they get overlooked and being fewer and fewer of the original and old timer members here their legacy does seem to fade. I really did not want to once again bring this up but it is relevant to your posting, I have on numerous occassions tried to get a Hall of Fame forum started here to honor these people. I will not do it again for I took so much heat it is not worth it for me. But somewhere on this site there should be a place where names such as you mentioned should be archived. As I said the history of this site does seem to fade each and every year as the old time members move on or basically move on. Being recognized by your peers is something that should not be taken lightly. Having a place to come and read the history of this site and to see some of the names and maybe attach a pen or two with their names would be huge in my eyes. I think at one time there was a thread and it still maybe documented here that states the history of this site. Maybe someone can point this out again. Just some thoughts. :)

Hey John,

So you don't like Ed's suggestion on naming the award, which I understand. But what about the idea of the award?

I kind of like the idea. Maybe to be nominated throughout the year, then voted on during the BASH. The prize should be smaller, rather than larger - possibly "just" a plaque or something as I suppose most folks doing these type of things aren't in it for the "prize" sort of thing.

jttheclockman

Hey John,

So you don't like Ed's suggestion on naming the award, which I understand. But what about the idea of the award?

I kind of like the idea. Maybe to be nominated throughout the year, then voted on during the BASH. The prize should be smaller, rather than larger - possibly "just" a plaque or something as I suppose most folks doing these type of things aren't in it for the "prize" sort of thing.

I have no problem with the award but let me ask, who wants a plaque to show to whom??? Now give the award and have that person's name on the front page somewhere for the year. No plaque no gifts. Or if you want a gift that is OK. I have no need for a plaque or trophy. The plaque only means something to members of this site and how many will see it. Have some kind of virtual plaque and include it in your signature line and all will see it. Just thoughts. :)

Bob Wemm

Hey John,

I have no problem with the award but let me ask, who wants a plaque to show to whom??? Now give the award and have that person's name on the front page somewhere for the year. No plaque no gifts. Or if you want a gift that is OK. I have no need for a plaque or trophy. The plaque only means something to members of this site and how many will see it. Have some kind of virtual plaque and include it in your signature line and all will see it. Just thoughts. :)

John, That is a fantastic idea, Have a "Recognition" place on the Home page for a year.

Bob.:)

Top Bottom