Barons seem to be popular today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

I just finished a pair of Baron pens for a friend for him and his wife's 5th anniversary. He wanted Black with a touch of gold, so I showed him the Tru-stone Black & Gold Matrix blank, and he really liked it. He picks up his pens tomorrow. This was my first foray into Tru-Stone blanks, and I am happy to say that I followed as much advice from this site regarding Tru-Stone, and I did not have a single problem.

IMG_0500.JPGIMG_0499.JPGIMG_0498.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are beautiful. I love the gold matrix TS. Including the cut-offs is a nice touch. Well done and thanks for sharing.

PaulWitmer

The pens look great. I love working with the Tru Stone black with Gold as well as the Red with Gold. Always turn out nice pens with the Tru Stone blanks. I like adding the remaining cube in the box. I might just start doing that as well.

Great job,

Paul

KMCloonan

Nicely done. Have you considered knocking out the black end cap from the cap hardware and replacing it with the same material as the barrel?
Do a good turn daily!
Don
I have not yet worked up the courage to do this, but I really admire pens that have the end of the cap match the barrel. I will study how to do this. Thanks for a great suggestion!

KMCloonan

The pens look great. I love working with the Tru Stone black with Gold as well as the Red with Gold. Always turn out nice pens with the Tru Stone blanks. I like adding the remaining cube in the box. I might just start doing that as well.

Great job,

Paul
I think I will give the red & gold a try. As for the cutoffs, I had just bought a polishing buffer, so I finish-polished the cutoff cubes and buffed them to a high gloss like the pens. Dunno what the owner will do with them, but they may make mini-paperweights or something. šŸ˜

Top Bottom