Baron Rollerball and Baron Fountain pen question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wpenm

Are the Baron Rollerball Pen and the Baron Fountain Pen interchangeable? In other words, if I buy the Rollerball Pen, can I buy a nib for it and the customer will be able to use it as a rollerball pen or a fountain pen? Thanks for your answers in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The replacement nibs are actually the entire front sections, so technically you can swap out the components. There are two potential obstacles. First, the replacement front pieces will not have the same plating as the kit and second, there is a chance that the spring in the tail piece of the rollerball could cause ink to leak when using the fountain pen piston converter. The cartridges for the fountain pen are short enough that they are unaffected.

alamocdc

As was eluded to by Lou, the Baron can, as well as the Jr. Gent, as long as you provide them w/nib assemblies of the same plating and show them how to remove or add the spring used for the rollerball refill. It isn't that difficult, but they will need to know how if they are using the converter.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
American streamline by the "b" company but the kit requires you to Mickey Mouse the mandrel.
The components with the bushings require you to unscrew the shaft from the adapter leaving only a few to hold on.

I think you will find that the replacement pen nib/feed sections screw into the nib/feed section holder. If you haven't bought a fountain pen kit you won't have the nib/feed section holder.

If you have purchased a roller ball kit you have the nice eight side metal end piece. You can't screw the replacement fountain pen nib/feed into it. If you have purchased a fountain pen kit, you can't get the metal eight side piece as a spare part.

Look at the two pens, fountain and rollerball, and you will see what I am trying to describe. Then look at a picture of the spare or replacement nib/feed that BB sells, you can see that it is the part that screws into the holder that screws into the pen body.

I just went to BB's site to look at the replacement nibs. Last week there was a photo of all the replacement nibs and ink adapters in one photo. Bill is making changes to his web page and I can't find that photo now. I tried the Berea web site but it is so awkward to get around on, I gave up. I tried Anthony's site and for some reason I can't get it to open. I know of one other place that is selling replacement solid gold nibs for pen kits but I won't mention it here.

Mikey

Don't try the Berea Websit. Just call them and talk with them. Much easier that way. However, they don't sell the Barons, so you may just need to call AZ.

PenWorks

Here is the link to the nibs from BB, they DO NOT come with a front cover.
http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/Fountain_Pen_Nibs.htm

CSU sells replacement nibs for Jr.'s but they are not in the catalog or web, you need to request them. They come complete with front cover, in Plat or 10K

Jim, my nibs are not on my web site, but I have an add in the business section here.
I am redoing my site, but it is up and running www.penworks.us

Anthony, When I click on your link I get a, "Page Cannot Be Displayed" window. Could be me but I haven't had any problems in the past.

That link to BB's nib photos is the one I tried to find a while ago. Thank you for the link. You can see that without the nib/feed holder the replacement nib won't do you much good. And if you go to the Barron pen photos, fountain and rollerball you can see that the two end pieces are different and you would need one of each to make a convertible pen. The parts are not sold as spares so you would have to buy two pen kits to make one convertible pen and why not just make two pens?
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom